PDA

View Full Version : difference with added filter and exhaust

tetley
05-03-03, 01:36 PM
i was on my way home from my girlfriends last night in my bog standard nova 1.2L when i sawa white nova in front of me, thought it was a GTE, had no badges looked pretty smart, had big exhaust and made loads of noise, had performance filter i think.

We approached lights and i was in the other lane and i got in front of him as i was in a lane where trafic was turning left. Lights when green and i cruised up the road normally to about 60 and i new he was gonna try and over take me, so i caned it to see what power he had as i was intrigued. He pulled his nose out to overtake me and to my suprise he was only gaining by about 1mph then he couldnt get level with me as we increased speed to about 90mph so he pulled in as there was a car coming, i then decided to slow down as i dont often do these sort of speeds, he was gutted and still opted to take over me and then threw something out the window at me!!. obviously well peed off!! :x

Anyway, he obvioulsy had a performance filter on and had a massive exhaust, so why couldnt he get past me???, could this of been another 1.2??, surely with the added bhp he should of got passed me or dont these really make that much difference, im a novice with things like this. COuld it of been an Standard SR, or would this of caned me??

I look forward to anyones views.

?Marty?
05-03-03, 02:38 PM
People like you and that other guy, is why Nova drivers have the piss taken out of them and are disliked.

RobHardyUK
05-03-03, 02:40 PM
Im guessing the car racing ya was also a 1.2, they only have 55bhp, a filter doesnt make a big difference in power anyways, i mean it obviously helps an all.... also it could been the injected model?? which is a bit less grunty anyways... but if it was the same moter it shoulda possibly been quicker, presuming it didnt have huge wheels on it. Thats my opinions anyways, no doubt other peeps will disagree somewher!!

tetley
05-03-03, 03:15 PM
cheers Rob, i thought it must of been a 1.2 of some kind, could of been 1.2i as u say with filter, which would probably put it to the same power as mine.

Whats ur problem cool marty, chill out dude, i suppose uve never raced have u, only friendly late night banter crikey :roll: