PDA

View Full Version : 2 weeks to go!

krobinson
05-03-03, 02:02 AM
Its only 2 weeks now till my nova's shell go's to the bodyshop for some stuble changes, and a full bare shell respray (stuble changes = manta mirrors, louvred wings)

I need suggestions for colours, If i cant find a colour i like more than the colour it is now, i will keep it the same.. I'm looking for something thats stands out, but is class'y.. Not fussed on mad yellows and pinks etc.. Also no flip paints as i'm not paying ?250 a litre, as the jobs costing close to 2k already...

If u have pics of colours then post them up plz ;)

This has been annoying me for months.. change it? dont change it? :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

Keith

http://www.novaload.net/images/car_images/280big3.jpg
http://www.novaload.net/images/car_images/280big5.jpg

Tazzy
05-03-03, 02:20 AM
very tidy!

if you want your car to stand out, the hobvious colours are orange, yellow, pink and green!

lemon yellow?
baby blue?

Anton
05-03-03, 07:46 AM
fiat do a nice orange/yellow. not sure what its called but its a colour that you either like or hate it.

MattyWoo
05-03-03, 08:47 AM
I reckon its mint the colour it is at the moment to be honest!

linzTDI
05-03-03, 08:56 AM
i really like the colour at the minute too

RobHardyUK
05-03-03, 09:44 AM
Yeah loox well nice :D

Jim
05-03-03, 09:51 AM
I too like the colour it is at the minute. Saying that I love the TVR Tuscan in the blue paint that they do. IT seems to change to all differnt shades of blue. It's not as obvious as a flip paint like the chamelon cars, but the effect it produces is amazing. Alpha Romeo do a similar kind of paint I think, although the car might have been re-sprayed. Check out the paint available for the Alpha's, I saw it on a 5 door alpha (not sure which number they are) I think you can get the paint on the new 3 door 156/146, whatever it is :)

Jim

krobinson
05-03-03, 11:16 AM
Yeah i've investigated the alfa colour as its the one colour i had my heart set on!! Its ?800 a litre, and requires 3 different coloured coats...

No chance :(

Any other suggestions? I may just keep the colour, but since i'm not changeing the styling much, i'm not sure if it will look much different, except much cleaner!

whitey
05-03-03, 11:30 AM
Id spend the cash else where first!

wisewood
05-03-03, 11:33 AM
i dont think it needs any other work doing to it, the styling on it looks fantastic as it is - a nice fresh paint job will just brighten it up and make it look shiney and new.

krobinson
05-03-03, 11:45 AM
Yeah, the styling will pretty much stay the same.. Things i am doing are:

Floor striped to bare metal and re-sealed, new brake pipes
Arches stripped of underseal and sprayed same as car
Engine bay seam welded and de-seamed/smoothed
Cool Louvred wings (sent my wings to them)
Manta 400 Wing mirrors
Rear disc conversion
V6 front brakes (bye bye 16v brakes)
Powerflex bushins all round
Loads of shiny new parts (bonnet catch, headlights, GSI window surrounds, window rubbers, all new GM)
1.3 SR engine, fully lightened and balanced bottom end, 32/34 webber, polished top end..

And if i can afford it after that other stuff...
Sparco Milano Front seats in alacantra
Hopefully one of bretts (fearless motorsport) polished half cages

My aim is to have it for the summer at least, if not then for trax (september)

RobIsGrt18
05-03-03, 12:24 PM
why change the colour, it looks amazing as it is!!

Tilly
05-03-03, 01:26 PM
that colours nice already stands out dont change it

?Marty?
05-03-03, 02:28 PM
Have a look at House of Kolor Candy paints.
Or a pastel.
Or a matt colour.

RobHardyUK
05-03-03, 02:43 PM
There was a golf in one of the max power sort of mags recently, was matt black, i wasnt sure about it or not... thinks me prefers metallic meself.

hutton
05-03-03, 03:21 PM
get it sprayed in black, i think black novas look the best, but the colour u have on there at the mo does look rather nice

whitey
05-03-03, 03:21 PM
Wouldnt go Matt!

Apparantly it needs to be primed white underneath and chips off really easily! Imagine black in Matt finish! nice but when a stone hits it!

Think about a bigger engine conversion if you can afford it! And insurance permits!

krobinson
05-03-03, 03:25 PM
Yeah i saw that matt black golf.. they were writing on it with chalk.. WIERD!

but i wonder would it stand up2 the weather? i think it would be very easy marked, just like a matt painted wall in a house..

The colour it is, is called 'lagoon blue', Std vaux colour, found on a few cavaliers, and luxe plue/merit plus novas.. There's a lighter simaliar colour found on corsa's and astras too..

I guess it is a rare colour as it is, i have yet to see another make of car using it! Suppose it would be worth keeping!

Another question tho.. Manta mirrors, or std mirrors????

RobHardyUK
05-03-03, 06:03 PM
Yeah i thought that, me thinx it would stand out like a sore thumb aswell. Wasn't really 100% impressed with it neway. I do think black is the nicest colour myself tho, just metallic thanx.

Ric 16v
05-03-03, 06:35 PM
your car is fookin nice !!! and I have a colour for you, seat ibiza kiwi green, my mates nova is painted in that colour and it looks the bollocks !!! also have you got any pics of your car with on speedlines with the -80mm springs in ? cheers

Freak
05-03-03, 07:49 PM
You have to ask about the mirrors?
c'mon.....you saw mine at trax-they look awesome. Stick em on ( im assuming you got them from the guy whos details i gave you)

locky
05-03-03, 08:30 PM
Keep it the same colour! :wink:

krobinson
05-03-03, 10:40 PM
Freak, yeah just getting opinions... lol..

Vauxhall dont have any of the blanking plates, there no longer serviced, and i dunno wot i'll use now! Do you still have yours?

Keith

krobinson
05-03-03, 10:45 PM
SRI 16v
This is with the -80mm springs in, you can just about see that the rear arch is very slightly below the speedline..

http://www.novaload.net/images/car_images/280big.jpg

And no arguments about "thats not -80mm, mine sits that high with 60's etc" lol

I have measured the distance from arch to ground with both standard and lowering springs fitted and settled for a week.. Difference was: front, -88mm, rear = -93mm

The springs however were ordered to be -80mm from coilsprings...

Keith

?Marty?
05-03-03, 11:19 PM
Yeah, i'm fitting some small 'racing' mirrors, and couldn't get a blanking plate. I've just got an engineering company to make me one. Just a flat triangular piece of metal basically.

Oh, whatever you do, remove those plastic window guard things!