PDA

View Full Version : This Country is doing my head in.

General Lee
09-09-09, 11:42 AM
I reallly can't believe what sort of a country we live in anymore. It's disgusting, i know it's the sun and everything, but what the hell is going on, i was going to join the army and i am in my interview stage, but now im thinking otherwise, because to be honest what is the point.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/2628304/40-fanatics-go-free-from-jail.html

MattBrown
09-09-09, 11:52 AM
String him up

Actually, seeing as its needed, ill bring out my death penalty stick :thumb:

LEWI007
09-09-09, 11:56 AM
Yeah its a disgrace, this country isnt worth fighting for anymore.

pikey1986
09-09-09, 11:58 AM
did you read the bit in the sun that said the mod isnt going to give raf medics a medal because of some funked up stupid reason, that makes me angry as theyve done their time out their as with all other soldiers(sp) they deserve a bit of praise as well

Mike
09-09-09, 11:59 AM
Indeed, this is a case where the grass if most definetly greener on the other side lol

Stoo
09-09-09, 12:00 PM
Every one who goes out there for more than 30 days gets a medal!

Regardless of whether they are medics or adminers etc

pikey1986
09-09-09, 12:05 PM
HEARTLESS defence bosses are snubbing RAF medics by refusing to award them Afghan service medals.

Dedicated teams have evacuated thousands of badly wounded troops home from the war zone, saving dozens of lives.
But MoD red tape says they do not qualify for a regular campaign medal.
More than 200 doctors and nurses from the Tactical Medical Wing's Aeromedical Evacuation Squadron, based at RAF Lyneham, Wilts, are affected.
It is the latest blow to Forces' morale - and as part of our Don't You Know There's a Bloody War On campaign, The Sun demands the injustice is reversed.
Applications submitted by the medics to the MoD's medal office recently have all been turned down.
Despite spending months in Afghanistan, the nurses do not spent 30 days continuously in the country, which is the ground troops' criterion for the Operation Herrick gong.
They have also been judged not to qualify under RAF pilots' rules, flying 30 combat sorties over the country. One RAF medic said: "It would mean so much to all of us. We don't understand why we're left out.
"The loadmasters on our flights get the medal, and we go everywhere they go - it makes no sense.
"Nobody does the job for medals - every one of us is in it for trying to save as many guys as possible, and we work our socks off to do that. But it would be nice to get the recognition that we've served our country."
A total of 2,469 sick troops have been flown home by the teams from Afghanistan in the past three years.
Spending up to ten days in the war zone at a time, the teams pick up the wounded at Kandahar Air Base on C17 giant jets or Tristar troop transporters specially fitted out with intensive care bays.
It is then an eight-hour flight to Birmingham Airport or RAF Brize Norton, Oxfordshire. On learning of the medals snub, veterans minister Kevan Jones has ordered Chief of the Defence Staff Sir Jock Stirrup to look into the rules urgently to help the medics.
An MOD spokesman said: "The aeromedical teams provide excellent care to personnel being evacuated from theatre. The military chiefs are reviewing medal qualification criteria and they are best placed to make recommendations on the need for any changes."

Stoo
09-09-09, 12:06 PM
Well there you go

They dont do 30 days continual service, thus not qualifying.

Its how its been for years.

Im alright, ive got my medals!

pikey1986
09-09-09, 12:08 PM
they may not do 30 days continual service but in all fairness they are still playing their part

Stoo
09-09-09, 12:09 PM
Im not doubting that.

Im on the helicopters with them 99% of the time.

But, rules is rules!

pikey1986
09-09-09, 12:12 PM
they do deserve some kind of praise tho, not just a pat on the back

Stoo
09-09-09, 12:14 PM
They get their praise
they get a NATO medal
They get extra pay
They get extra leave

pikey1986
09-09-09, 12:19 PM
i stand corrected, i know newspapers arent exactly(sp) a reliable source of info but the sun made it sound like they got funk all for their efforts

Nick
09-09-09, 12:22 PM
****ing medics... Extra pay, Extra leave ! What the hell do they do anyway !

Stoo
09-09-09, 12:26 PM
The newspapers are not a reliable source at all.

For instance, circumstances surrounding the 2 Chinooks we have lost in the past few weeks are not to be believed if you read the papers ;)

Mike
09-09-09, 12:27 PM
****ing medics... Extra pay, Extra leave ! What the hell do they do anyway !

You wouldnt be saying that if you was out there pishing out claret because some foreign turd done the old road side bomb routine on ya.

Stoo
09-09-09, 12:28 PM
I think nicks post was sarcasm :)

Mike
09-09-09, 12:29 PM
I think nicks post was sarcasm :)

Yea now ive re read it im thinking the same lol

Nick
09-09-09, 12:30 PM
Hospitals, Doctors, GP's, Nurses !

The whole lot of them need to get some worthwhile jobs ... I suggest they go to Romania and sell the big issue .

Stuart
09-09-09, 01:46 PM
and to put a pointless spin on it,

I got a "medal" for assisting in Dessert Strom take 2 for servicing HMMV's in germany for the US Army FFS. I'm not in any forces, I was out there as the pay was epic and I dont care that the yanks get a medal for being able to wake up each day.

Stoo
09-09-09, 01:48 PM
US or british medal??

Stuart
09-09-09, 01:50 PM
what do you think lol

who gives out medals for remembering your name, and who makes you earn them

Stoo
09-09-09, 01:57 PM
True

Jack
09-09-09, 02:07 PM
but the sun made it sound like they got funk all for their efforts
Newspaper in "crap reporting in effort to make headline that sells papers" shocker!

Wake up. Newspaper reporting, especially that of the gutter press such as the Sun et al, is about as far as you can get from "reliable" news reports. Heck, even Auntie is pretty shonky most of the time.

As for the original link. Pic looks like a photoshop lol

Nick
09-09-09, 02:08 PM
I got tons of medals, At the pinnacle of my career i opted to recieve a special award called "prestige" which meant i had to fight using only the most basic weapons and supplies, alike the rest of the british army.

Maybe one day you will reach "Prestige" Stoo !

large_steve182
09-09-09, 03:49 PM
I got tons of medals, At the pinnacle of my career i opted to recieve a special award called "prestige" which meant i had to fight using only the most basic weapons and supplies, alike the rest of the british army.

Maybe one day you will reach "Prestige" Stoo !

im level10 prestige you noob.

Nick
09-09-09, 04:06 PM
im level10 prestige you noob.

I have a real life, you n00b lol

large_steve182
09-09-09, 04:50 PM
i think hitler is still at the top of the list of call of duty players.
he has a 6000000 to 1 kill ratio.

Sloth
09-09-09, 05:40 PM
and for that post steve you get sloffs service to png medal, for funny shiote! lol