PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone heard of a Ecotek CB-26P

shanehandley
04-03-03, 11:04 PM
its advertised in the back of maxpower and total vauxhall etc, its ment to reduce fuel consumption and emmesions and quicken acceleration response :D .

Has anyone got one fitted and does it work :?

Ben (lurk75)
04-03-03, 11:13 PM
yes a few people have them but have not heard anyone saying "you must get one there excellent".

For my liking there advertised to much, if somethings that good they sell themselves.

mikeoxford
04-03-03, 11:53 PM
fuel consumption yes

performance. negotiable.

i think response is a tiny bit better but nothing worth shouting about

in the long run

yes a good investment (apparently)

im yet to try one.............

whitey
05-03-03, 12:24 AM
Yeah read bout one at www.topbuzz.co.uk

Check it out and see what is there! There is a guide to fitting one I think!

mikeoxford
05-03-03, 12:41 AM
stu gsi has one

NovaNeil
05-03-03, 09:13 AM
I had one on my GSi, but I sold it with the car. I now have a GTE and have just brought another one. Without it I get 220-230 miles on a full tank, with it I get 260-270 miles on a full tank. Its already paid for itself in fuel bills cause I drive 120miles a day to work and back. Also come MOT time the emmisions were very very low. But there is no noticeable change in performance.

Definitely worth buying if you do lots of miles!!!! :D

jatinder
05-03-03, 11:18 AM
hmmm might get one now ill probably order it when i get paid

Ben (lurk75)
05-03-03, 03:06 PM
Without it I get 220-230 miles on a full tank, with it I get 260-270 miles on a full tank.

Geeessss

My GSi used to do 330 miles to a tank (?30). That was pushing it very hard as well.

stugsi
05-03-03, 05:02 PM
yeah ive had one for a while now it does exactly what is said on the box. easy to fit (5 min) job

i would get one for the price. you save the money in petrol bills

shanehandley
05-03-03, 05:21 PM
will they fit to a 1.0 and where and how do they fit

stugsi
05-03-03, 05:26 PM
they should fit ... it goes between your brake servo pipe (Scary) you make sure you put it the side closet to the manifold bout inch and half away from the bolt cut the pipe and fit the eco between the two ends with jub clips

Stuart
05-03-03, 05:33 PM
from what ive heard, i wouldnt fit one to carbed nova since it disturbs the air in 1 or 2 cylinders due to the location of the brake servo pipe.

injected cars ahve aplenum chamber which allos the diruption to be carried to all the cylinders to give turbulance which gives a better burn, hence better power (marginally), fuel consumption etc

mikeoxford
05-03-03, 11:00 PM
from what ive heard, i wouldnt fit one to carbed nova since it disturbs the air in 1 or 2 cylinders due to the location of the brake servo pipe.

injected cars ahve aplenum chamber which allos the diruption to be carried to all the cylinders to give turbulance which gives a better burn, hence better power (marginally), fuel consumption etc

along with what cambrdige said.

i spoke to the manging director of ecotek, and he blatently said to me they are for only injection cars!

he said he would reccomend them on a carb car at all! it may even make it worse or dangerous!

in not so many words!

so obviously stu with his gsi and gte novas are sound

also i guess SRi etc

but as for carbs i dont think you see the gains apparently

Stuart
05-03-03, 11:04 PM
just re-read my post, i need spelling lessons lol

pickle2000
06-03-03, 10:29 AM
So are you saying that they won't work properly on my Mk1 1.2 Merit?

I have also heard that they are very loud, and make a whining noise under the bonnet??

mikeoxford
06-03-03, 10:32 AM
they do make a bit of a noise, which you can quieten down by fitting a pipercross breather the same as you do on your crankcase.

its nothing obtrusive though thats really bad

especially with the bonnet down

and no it wont have MUCH effect on a carb, i dont know, the guy at ecotek told me to try it for em, but at my expense, and the way he was talkin they are only for injection cars as i said in my post above ^^^^^^

NovaNeil
07-03-03, 07:44 AM
I don't think theres much point putting one on a small engined Nova such as the 1.0 or 1.2 because you already manage a good fuel consumption as it is. And to be honest, thats all your going to get. You won't get any performance gain. Your better off saving your money for a nice exhaust or something.
And yes the only downside is the noise it makes on deceleration, but if you have a performance exhaust you can hardly notice it on a GTE/GSi

mikeoxford
07-03-03, 05:23 PM
a very well timed, and very precisely tuned pierburg carb offers more fuel economy and a bit better response than any "widget"

you have your car timed - even if you think its accurate, i put money on the fact it could be better timed...........

you wont even believe the difrence

14sr
07-03-03, 07:26 PM
i have had one on my 1.4sr now for almost a year and i would say they are great i have saved a fortune on fuel and i would say no it aint any differeant if the inlet on the manifold is at the side or in the middle i had the head of the car about 6 months ago and it looks the exact same across all four cylinders .

mikeoxford
08-03-03, 02:47 PM
hmmmmm may investigate further then

elsey197
09-03-03, 01:25 PM
ive got one too on my gte, there ok if you do a lot of miles saves quite a bit of fuel.