PDA

View Full Version : k a N air filter

shanehandley
04-03-03, 11:00 PM
I dont no if i miss read some posts but i seen where ppl have siad that if you got an airfilter such as K and N and ur driving down dual carrigeway etc it frezzes your carb is this true! :?

im thinkin bout byin an k and N filter for my 1.0 what will it do.

thanks for your help

shane :)

Tazzy
04-03-03, 11:58 PM
kinda, dont bother with a 1.0!

mikeoxford
05-03-03, 12:04 AM
buy a k&n replacement filter for the dustin bin lid airbox, and drill big holes as big as poss in your airbox.

it may change the sound of the engine, tiny roar or whatever.

the reason i say to do all this is you can reuse the filter in a 1.2 or 1.3 or 1.4 engine should you upgrade.

ade
05-03-03, 12:11 AM
I have a K&N filter for the dustbin - bought it before I got me bolt on K&N.

You can have it for ?20!

carb only freezes in cold conditions like winter - k&N lets engine breath by letting in more cold dense air - too cold though and the jets freeze (ice crystals form from condensation caused by change in air speed/engine temp)

look good and sound good on 1.2 cars n less - negligible gains though (speaking from experience).

according to their site the followins available for 1991 1ltr nova

1991 VAUXHALL Nova AUTO 1.0L CARB E-2585 Air Filter Merit
1991 VAUXHALL Nova AUTO 1.0L CARB 56-9152 Custom Assembly Merit

http://www.knfilterchargers.com/search/appsearch.aspx

Ade
:wink:
Ade

_JH_
05-03-03, 12:22 AM
i've just got a d plate 1.0 (MOT failure, ie free) for raggin round the fields. it has a small weber carb that is completely different to that of a 1.2 yet k&n quote the same part number on the website for both. i've heard people on here saying you needed a different one.

just thought i'd mention it in case you ordered a bolt on with that part number. i'd go for the replacement filter if your not too sure when/how to use warm air feeds. was quoted ?31something for a brand new one for my missus' fiesta dustbin lid.

NovaCruiser
05-03-03, 12:06 PM
I'd never again waste my time getting one of those bolt on filters, you get jack all for your money anyway (?50 for a piece of foam and mesh!!!!). Waste of time in my opion mate, granted it makes a sucking noise, but it dosnt sound very refined to be honest!

shanehandley
05-03-03, 02:09 PM
and drill big holes as big as poss in your airbox.

[quote]

is this safe where do drill the holes in the orignal black plastic one :|

dont understand can any1 help :?

burgessovsalford
05-03-03, 02:21 PM
My K&N bolt on filter fitted on a 1.0 & 1.2...

mikeoxford
05-03-03, 11:21 PM
drill as many holes as u like on the OUTSIDE of the filter box, not on the inside though where the air wont go through the filter, but on the outside edge of the filter if that makes sense.

shanehandley
06-03-03, 09:47 PM
any chance of a picture of wots explained above/\/\/\.
or just apicture of the bit to drill

many thanks