PDA

View Full Version : women

supernova1983
04-03-03, 09:45 PM
just had a bit of a tiff with the bird bout getting new car and that i shouldnt get 2ltr etc argggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Tilly
04-03-03, 09:50 PM
maybe shes right :lol:

NoFrills
04-03-03, 09:56 PM
put ur foot down mate, make her see sense

carzone_corsa
04-03-03, 10:02 PM
girls never understand about modding cars unless they share an interest, fortunatly mine does! :wink: She's the one with the nova too.....lol

Anonymous
04-03-03, 10:03 PM
if you can handle your cars then maybe you should
if my fella wanted a 2ltr i wouldn't have a problem but not all men are the
same
try and be nice to her
flowers ect then she might change her mind :lol:
good luck

Chris LR
04-03-03, 10:15 PM
Maybe she's a Keep it Standard fan?

GTE-RACER
04-03-03, 10:26 PM
wtf??....it's your car un your gonna b the 1 drivin it, so does it matter if she likes it or not? (unless it's her money thats payin 4 it) lol

What engine u got now???

RobHardyUK
04-03-03, 10:26 PM
Put it in, ltf shes gonna notice... just dont floor it when she is init!! :wink:

whitey
04-03-03, 10:41 PM
LOL, who wears thge trousers in your relship!

Get the car!

?Marty?
04-03-03, 11:33 PM
Put that woman first.

linzTDI
05-03-03, 09:00 AM
maybe she doesnt trust your driving 100% and is just worried about you

Jim
05-03-03, 09:46 AM
SuperNova, how old are you, and what are your circumstances? If you are living with your girlfriend and moneys a bit tight, then I can understand her concerns. If you've only been driving a couple of months and are going from a 1.2 to a 2.0, again, I can understand her concerns. Explain to her the reasons why you want to do this and ask her why she doesn't wnat you spending more money.

My girlfriend asked me whether it was worth me keeping my car :o

I managed to convince her that I won't be spending any more money on it for a while...I won't be...honest :oops: :roll:

I think she'll be happier and give me less grief when she gets herself a new car :)

Jim

GirlracerUK37
05-03-03, 11:13 PM
EXCUSE ME GUYS SOME GIRLS DO NOT GIVE GREIF ABOT CARS, SUCH AS ME, WHY SOULD YOU BIRD CONTROL YOU LIK THAT ITS ONLY A CAR, I CAN UNDERSTANDIF YOU LOVE IT MORE THEN HER, CARS A BEAUTYS AND SOME ARE VERY RARE

EMAIL ME IF YOU EEVA WANNA CHAT

FROM GIRLRACER NIKKI

kinky nova
05-03-03, 11:21 PM
spelling !

novaexplod
05-03-03, 11:36 PM
u shud just do it neway n find out wot happens later on lol thats wot i do.

ade
06-03-03, 12:14 AM
u shud just do it neway n find out wot happens later on lol thats wot i do.

I was tempted to try this earlier when I almost bpought a 2ltr nova on ebay (the one onephatnovas just got for ?107!!!)

However on telling the wife (BIG MISTAKE but we dont keep secrets) got an ear full about how its only a "ned" car and I havnt finished my current one (I have but I keep adding bits!) - and that if I did buy it against her wishes (and I quote here) -

"I'll be very dissapointed with you"

Thats enuff to guilt me out for the rest of the fcuking year! :(

Bloody snakes!

Jim
06-03-03, 10:00 AM
"I'll be very dissapointed with you"

Thats enuff to guilt me out for the rest of the fcuking year! :(

I know exactly where your coming from Ade. When my girlfriend isn't too happy about me spending money on my car, I try and look at how I can do any modifications myself. I love tinkering with my car and if I'm not spending money on it, I try and find ways of being able to work on it anyway, like taking bits off and cleaning them up, or altering parts of the car to make them more indivdual. You can spend a couple of quid and yet make your car more individual. The only problem I find then, is my girlfriend gets upset becasue I'm not spending time with her, or I'm not working on the house, lol. Sometimes you have to let the car be and spend time with your loved one (no, not the car, the girlfriend;))

Jim

supernova1983
06-03-03, 05:16 PM
i think im gonna keep my nova just get a engine transplant i think she sees it as i spent enuff money on me car just to get rid of it in a way i thinks she likes the car herself to much altho she wouldnt admit that