PDA

View Full Version : I love it how..

gunny
08-09-09, 12:47 AM
..the temp gauge on the loon only wakes up once a week :)

What little things add to your novas character

Dave.
08-09-09, 12:55 AM
I love it how...

The rear tyre has a slow puncture on the Nova, that way when i cant push it i have an excuse to drive it to get to the compressor :p

boyle_46
08-09-09, 01:09 AM
at the minute mine does nothing it just sits there with the big dopey grin on its face with the plough on .

brainsnova
08-09-09, 02:04 AM
I love it how...

The rear tyre has a slow puncture on the Nova, that way when i cant push it i have an excuse to drive it to get to the compressor :p

i had a slow puncture and i was loading some lead at the same time on an extension i was doing and the home owner said the lead was theres and trying to say it never weighed that much the flat tyre said different lol

burgo
08-09-09, 02:34 AM
i like how my car refuses to drive with a stutter every now and again until you give it a burst of 7000rpm lol. will go forever sweet as a nut afterwards then

Asa-James
08-09-09, 08:56 AM
just occasionally the fuel gauge light comes on and the reading goes off the scale. a quick thump to the top of the dash sorts that.

the indicators sometimes refuse to self cancel till you hit the steering wheel.

every radio station within 5 miles of my house has a "pulse" (bear in mind i only have a LW/MW tuner)

then the usual vaux characteristics, dash rattles ffom one place, clutch pedal, slightly ominous clunk...

Gaz1300SR
08-09-09, 09:07 AM
I love the way my clocks pop out and the dials go wild each time I hit a speed bump a bit too hard............

General Lee
08-09-09, 10:50 AM
I love it how my car pretty much all the time fixes itself.

General Baxter
08-09-09, 10:51 AM
i love the way mine erm, theres nothing wrong with mine lol

i dont even have the frog :p

Southie
08-09-09, 10:54 AM
I love how every 8 months my engines decide they want to explode and then the car spends winter in a garage, away from the grit. :d

brake-dust
08-09-09, 11:03 AM
every time you gun it in first it snaps the right hand shaft lol

gunny
08-09-09, 12:15 PM
i love the way mine erm, theres nothing wrong with mine lol

i dont even have the frog :p

It does have one issue, you own it, poor thing lives its life in fear of being hacked to pieces lol hence its good behaviour

Nebbz
08-09-09, 12:22 PM
i love how my car just bounces around and never kicks out Tis much fun

wwmnw
08-09-09, 12:43 PM
I love how mine failed its mot and has cost me £100 to fix, but apart from that I cant think of anything wrong with it except the dent and a few scratches. Hopefully back on the road for next week when I have a week off.

CoolTiger
08-09-09, 06:38 PM
i love that i have to knock on my dials for my fuel gauge to wake up

DAFTJOHN
08-09-09, 06:46 PM
I love the dodgy fuel guage and the fact it randomly idles at 3k for a few secs then gets pissed off with that and goes back to 1k lol

gunny
08-09-09, 06:54 PM
Lol my old XE did the same sometimes, so does my Mi16 but thats a whole different forum lol

Saloony
08-09-09, 06:57 PM
No issues.. other than the King lead pops off at random times, ill zip tie it on one day lol

Spudly
08-09-09, 07:00 PM
I like the vibration you get through the entire car as the exhaust sits on the rear beam as its so low, cut section of mtb tyre FTW lol

Hobbit
08-09-09, 07:04 PM
I like the vibration you get through the entire car as the exhaust sits on the rear beam as its so low, cut section of mtb tyre FTW lol

Ade was right then lol

Spudly
08-09-09, 07:05 PM
For fudge sake, no ade was wrong, spudly is not a batty boy and im gonna jab that lil ginger mofo in the eye when i see him next!

And anyone to quote and edit that to say something funny gets smacked in the face with the banhammer!

let_nova
08-09-09, 07:05 PM
my novas just a crabbit fcuker that refuses to work when it doesnt want to.

gunny
08-09-09, 07:07 PM
For fudge sake, no ade was wrong, spudly is not a batty boy and im gonna jab that lil ginger mofo in the eye when i see him next!

And anyone to quote and edit that to say something funny gets smacked in the face with the banhammer!

Bit touchy there spud!

Edit: must resist funny quote :wall:

pikey1986
08-09-09, 07:08 PM
the fact ive greased my brake and clutch pedal and the frog still hasnt gone lol

Spudly
08-09-09, 07:10 PM
Bit touchy there spud!

Edit: must resist funny quote :wall:

Yes you must lol

I seem to get this asked of me a lot and it gets annoying:cry:

But anyways............

Dodgy novas:thumb:

MK999
08-09-09, 08:05 PM
I love it how...

No one but me understands how I drive my car as a daily, and like it lol

Nova_Sean
08-09-09, 08:21 PM
i love that i have to knock on my dials for my fuel gauge to wake up

And i love that i have to tap the right of the dials to get the right hand side bulb on. Also, i love how my hazards have to be pressed several times before they turn off.

Ernie
08-09-09, 08:28 PM
I love the way mine can do 0 to 60 in 6.4 seconds and then wants to tickover @ 600rpms then turn off.
Also the way the fan wanted to stay on @ combe then turned off after about 20 mins.
Bloody nova's.

NASTYNOVA
08-09-09, 08:59 PM
my nova has no problems, (that i know of)

but i love it how alans nova shreads tyres and spits out cvs on a weekly basis!!

and how the engine keeps dissapearing and a bigger one appears a little while later??

auzzy2000
08-09-09, 09:02 PM
I love it how my 20 year old car can beat a lot of expensive new cars.I love to see there sorry faces.lol

Plug
08-09-09, 09:09 PM
i like how bumpy it is although my back and neck dissagree

Rysee
08-09-09, 09:13 PM
I love the way she leaks petrol and cuts out when cutting it fine on roundabouts

Balley
08-09-09, 09:20 PM
fuel gauge sometimes earths it self out and goes round to the full mark lol
and the fact i can nearly never get in in first and second

mowgli
08-09-09, 09:44 PM
...my nephews mates have stopped calling my car names after I scared the poo out of one of them by taking him for a spin (several actually)

Leeboo
08-09-09, 09:52 PM
.....my Nova:

Idles off a cylinder. And at about 1-1250k rpm. Depending on temp, mood and how hard the altenator is working.

Rasps it's Ashley baffles at 3k rpm every gear and produces a loud grinder like noise. Turns heads up the town anyway lol .

Has lazy temp/fuel gauges, a tight slap to the clocks wakes them up.

Starves itself of petrol when I overtake on a bumpy main road. :eek:

Has an exhaust that is lazy and therefore lies on the back axle.

Now some things that I actually like about it lol :

Has a little 1200 that refuses to bust....does lots of miles nearly every week.... taps the valves mosts days ....and the gets the ignition flicked at the top of 2nd regularly.

Some people actually think its a GSi til I tell them.

It hasn't got one rust hole anywhere!

Balley
08-09-09, 10:06 PM
the fact ive greased my brake and clutch pedal and the frog still hasnt gone lol

ive got rid of the clutch frog
cantt kill the brake one!!!

Leeboo
08-09-09, 10:16 PM
ive got rid of the clutch frog

Oops i forgot about that one. And the clunk that has developed on the front drivers side, top mount I suspect

Rich
09-09-09, 01:33 AM
Love the way my petrol light comes on at half a tank but doesnt come on when ive run out

My clutch frogs name is frank

Rysee
09-09-09, 01:56 AM
I love how my hazards came on whilst indicating left for a slip road and got me pulled over ooopes

Jack
09-09-09, 08:52 AM
My clutch frogs name is frank
lmfao!

I love pushing stripped out track 205s/porsches/skylines/imprezas/ernie's track car up the M4 :d

As for the celica, I love corners. Especially now all four wheels are pointing the same direction lol

AlanH
12-09-09, 12:20 AM
my nova has no problems, (that i know of)

but i love it how alans nova shreads tyres and spits out cvs on a weekly basis!!

and how the engine keeps dissapearing and a bigger one appears a little while later??

yours has huge problems, the engine isn't big enough and it needs painted lol, get it done man, be a smart car when its finished. this is the last engine i'm putting in for a while, and cv's count as consumables, same as tyres, gearboxes, wheels bearings and your underpants when you're in the passenger seat lol. going for a quaife LSD so should stop it spinning the inside wheel as violently, shouldn't kill 'boxes every 5 mins either. get my intercooler and bits to put the engine in at the end of the month, cant wait. i have an XE on webers that would be right at home in yours;)

Jon_nova1
12-09-09, 10:08 AM
I like the way before i got mine, going from mot history it appears to only have been driven to and from the mot station by a lady driver dince 2006, clocking up 20 miles in the process lol

will come back with problems when its running lol

novaload1992
12-09-09, 11:23 AM
i love my car, and every one else seems too, when cruisin i have a lot of boy racers flashing there lights at me (i was near blind the other night.)

My m8 has a new civic (we go cruising a bit). Anyway when at school some girls were asking about my car saying it was class and his new civic was parked beside mine.lol

Sloth
12-09-09, 11:30 AM
i love how my new one has *edited for future date*.... :D

and i love how my bmw has an "xe tick" ahhh good times.....

SR Kyle
12-09-09, 01:03 PM
wen i had my 2 ltr 8 valve fun the horn used to go nuts when you booted it

Stanley
12-09-09, 01:06 PM
just occasionally the fuel gauge light comes on and the reading goes off the scale. a quick thump to the top of the dash sorts that.

Mine does/did that too!

Put £5 of fuel in, and the guage goes off the scale!

burgo
12-09-09, 02:32 PM
i have a new love. i love how the steering sometimes goes dodgy on fast right hand bends, makes it feel like you getting major understeer when your really not. certainly gets the heart pounding lol

Jack
12-09-09, 02:34 PM
^ That'll be the car bending lol

Gibbo
12-09-09, 03:01 PM
lol

novaload1992
12-09-09, 03:10 PM
i've got another one, how bout the fan kicking in anytime you leave the car idling for more than 10 minutes

burgo
12-09-09, 03:15 PM
i've got another one, how bout the fan kicking in anytime you leave the car idling for more than 10 minutes

but its supposed to?? ever other car is the same lol

and jack you cheeky feck its not at all, there something loose/worn but ive not found what it is yet

novaload1992
12-09-09, 03:53 PM
but its supposed to?? ever other car is the same lol

and jack you cheeky feck its not at all, there something loose/worn but ive not found what it is yet

i kno, but its so loud is what i meant lol

Jack
12-09-09, 04:00 PM
My fan is on permanent. When I turn my ignition on it sounds like a jet engine spooling up lol

NASTYNOVA
12-09-09, 04:54 PM
yours has huge problems, the engine isn't big enough and it needs painted lol, get it done man, be a smart car when its finished. this is the last engine i'm putting in for a while, and cv's count as consumables, same as tyres, gearboxes, wheels bearings and your underpants when you're in the passenger seat lol. going for a quaife LSD so should stop it spinning the inside wheel as violently, shouldn't kill 'boxes every 5 mins either. get my intercooler and bits to put the engine in at the end of the month, cant wait. i have an XE on webers that would be right at home in yours;)

thats right you ****, you owe me 1 pair of wayeye fronts :mad: lol