PDA

View Full Version : x16xe problem solving

auzzy-b
07-09-09, 10:02 PM
What do you think a smoking x16xe will be down to, valve stem seals? or something much worse:( and when fitting one into a nova will it just go straight in, is the wiring tricky? i have been told ill need a chip for the ecu?
Any help will be great:)

let_nova
07-09-09, 10:24 PM
dont ba a sack and keep it as is.

see your already having problems lol

auzzy-b
07-09-09, 10:27 PM
lol but the old 8v engines are jerky loud and slow!! they are and look pantslol

let_nova
07-09-09, 10:30 PM
turbo it then lol

auzzy-b
07-09-09, 10:39 PM
thats not a bad idea.. if only i had onelol another thing i have been told ill need is the transponder barrel......errrr:tard:?? does this mean the ignition barrel will need to be fitted into the nova? as you can probably tell im not the best when it comes to electronics!lol

let_nova
07-09-09, 10:45 PM
wilson is selling a turbo 1.6 or if you want to do your own check dirtydogs project

AlexW
07-09-09, 10:47 PM
Right, Your need the imobliser pickup from around the barrel and the keychip from inside the key, in the nova all your need to do is tape the keychip to the inside of the ring somwhere behind the dash.

Wiring isnt too hard, its basicaly colour matching and running a few wires, somthing that isnt to hard, your learn a lot about electrics.

Apart from that, in the engine bay not much has to change, drive shafts and stuff are the same.

auzzy-b
07-09-09, 11:01 PM
Right, Your need the imobliser pickup from around the barrel and the keychip from inside the key, in the nova all your need to do is tape the keychip to the inside of the ring somwhere behind the dash.

Wiring isnt too hard, its basicaly colour matching and running a few wires, somthing that isnt to hard, your learn a lot about electrics.

Apart from that, in the engine bay not much has to change, drive shafts and stuff are the same.

Thanks AW06:) The ring? Does the transponder wire into the corsa/nova loom?
I understand all the engine bay (mechanics) side of it already but wires can confuse melol I guess its bassically like an C20XE which i have done before and find it quite simple, but i have never messed with immobilisers? the nova also has a Toad alarm would this make things more complicated also:(

AlexW
08-09-09, 10:55 AM
Alarm etc, shouldnt matter, and if it does its not hard to transfer the two wires across.

The imobliser stuff, its simply 5 wires iirc, perm live, ign live, earth, 1 wire to the ecu and the other from the speed sensor. Preety simple.

auzzy-b
08-09-09, 11:16 AM
Arrr i see, sounds fairly simple:) do you have to run it? Cant it just simply be cut out?

AlexW
08-09-09, 11:24 AM
Have to run it on a X16XE, like most its part of the ecu, think of the imobliser keychip and transponder unlocking the ecu, without it the car just eather cranks over or will start but for only 5secs.

And the blue smoke btw, does it do it when flooring it, when starting up or all the time?

auzzy-b
08-09-09, 11:31 AM
Well im not looking at the corsa sport until 2nite.. But i have been told it On start up then it dies down apparantley?

AlexW
08-09-09, 11:46 AM
Valve stem seals problery.

auzzy-b
08-09-09, 12:49 PM
Thanks again AW06:) rep coming your way!!

nova321
08-09-09, 05:29 PM
Alarm etc, shouldnt matter, and if it does its not hard to transfer the two wires across.

The imobliser stuff, its simply 5 wires iirc, perm live, ign live, earth, 1 wire to the ecu and the other from the speed sensor. Preety simple.

dont suppose you know what colours are what ?

auzzy-b
08-09-09, 05:35 PM
Why, are you doing the same? do you have a project thread i could sneak a peak at if you are.

nova321
08-09-09, 05:40 PM
yes i am mate but i dont have a project thread up i did find this though with a search which pretty much answers my question http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127460&highlight=transponder

auzzy-b
08-09-09, 05:54 PM
Cheers mate i have found this which i kinda get.. looks really confusing at first glance

http://i531.photobucket.com/albums/dd359/Hond123/untitled.jpg

vss is just the transducer in the gearbox i guess..

nova321
08-09-09, 06:01 PM
yes its the transducer their is a way round having to wire in the transponder if you use the early corsa gsi (C16XE) ecu and loom as they didnt have transponder but their getting harder to get hold of and you need to change a few sensors if engine is originally a x16xe

AlexW
08-09-09, 06:22 PM
That diagram is thanks to adam.

That is the correct way for a X16XE, and its correct. The pickup there is the imobliser ring around the barrel.

auzzy-b
08-09-09, 06:36 PM
So are the blue & white wires simply just not used?

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj183/davenova/car003.jpg

Thanks for the help people i got it now:) :thumb:

auzzy-b
08-09-09, 07:57 PM
yes its the transducer their is a way round having to wire in the transponder if you use the early corsa gsi (C16XE) ecu and loom as they didnt have transponder but their getting harder to get hold of and you need to change a few sensors if engine is originally a x16xe

O and just out of interest does anybody know what these sensors would be?

AlexW
09-09-09, 12:03 AM
Brown/whites arent used, the blue/red is 1 from the speed sensor, other to the ecu.

And the sensors would be the AFM (as the c16 dont have one), lambda, and both the throttle body sensors iirc, the tps and icv iirc anyway lol

Im hoping to make a fool proof diagram soon too