PDA

View Full Version : More scrappage sacrilege! (don't worry, neither are novas)

John
05-09-09, 11:26 AM
These came in our dealership this week, both on the scrappage scheme. Such a shame tbh! Minor had covered 800miles in 10 years. I have to doubt the integrity of the salesmen as i'm sure both would have fetched well over 2 grand in private sales.

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l240/tooleater16v/001-8.jpg

wwmnw
05-09-09, 11:27 AM
NO WAY are they going to crush that MG?!?!?!?! My uncle had one years ago (got stolen :cry:) awesome cars and look lush.

L33 LEG
05-09-09, 11:27 AM
look way too clean to get scrapped :(

John
05-09-09, 11:28 AM
yep they've both now gone for scrap.

let_nova
05-09-09, 11:32 AM
awaits a spate of ringers.

got to be some dodgy dealers out there.....

John
05-09-09, 11:34 AM
awaits a spate of ringers.

got to be some dodgy dealers out there.....

True. Haven't i read somewhere though that they only have to have scrap marker against them to be eligable for the scheme. Can't scrappage markers then be removed?

let_nova
05-09-09, 11:37 AM
not sure even if they were to be brought back on the road as Q plates

dj_wudgey
05-09-09, 11:43 AM
ohh well there both sh*t any way!

wwmnw
05-09-09, 11:51 AM
ohh well there both sh*t any way!

lol I would much rather be seen in that MG than a Nova, shame I cant afford an MG :cry:

dj_wudgey
05-09-09, 11:56 AM
lol I would much rather be seen in that MG than a Nova, shame I cant afford an MG :cry:

yea!! id rather be in my nova any day but i personally hate mg midgit's they are sh*te and there f*cking ugly!!

John
05-09-09, 12:01 PM
tis an mg bgt, btw not a midget. I'm not a big ofan of the mg either, but that minor rocks!

Mike
05-09-09, 12:05 PM
LOL theres about £8k in that photo.

You heard about the US scrappage scheme? Public outcry deamed classic vehicles exempt from the scrappage scheme over there, anything pre 1980 is not taken in part ex!

Theres an article about it in this months Practical Classic mag.

dj_wudgey
05-09-09, 12:05 PM
tis an mg bgt, btw not a midget. I'm not a big ofan of the mg either, but that minor rocks!

whatever it is lol its still sh*t let it get scraped for me lol

wwmnw
05-09-09, 12:20 PM
LOL theres about £8k in that photo.

You heard about the US scrappage scheme? Public outcry deamed classic vehicles exempt from the scrappage scheme over there, anything pre 1980 is not taken in part ex!

Theres an article about it in this months Practical Classic mag.

Wish they would do that here too, I personally think modern cars, no matter how fuel efficient they are etc just have no real character about them like the older cars do.

dj_wudgey
05-09-09, 01:15 PM
Wish they would do that here too, I personally think modern cars, no matter how fuel efficient they are etc just have no real character about them like the older cars do.

i agree mate new cars are proper w*nk!!

Dave.
05-09-09, 03:55 PM
What a dealer near us has been doing when cars like that comes in, is instead of offering the £2000 or however much it is discount if they scrap their old car, hes offering them £2500 cash for their car, so then he can sell it on and recoup his costs plus abit mroe on the side, that way, everybodys happy except Mr Gordon Brown, but to be fair, hes allways been a miserable tw*t :p

dj_wudgey
05-09-09, 05:28 PM
What a dealer near us has been doing when cars like that comes in, is instead of offering the £2000 or however much it is discount if they scrap their old car, hes offering them £2500 cash for their car, so then he can sell it on and recoup his costs plus abit mroe on the side, that way, everybodys happy except Mr Gordon Brown, but to be fair, hes allways been a miserable tw*t :p

respect for those guys thats what more dealerships should do!!

and gordon brown is a w*nker!!!

Edd
05-09-09, 07:03 PM
I REALLY hate this scrappage sh*t, down my local scrap yard they have got three nova's. All of them are MINT. What a waste.

Dirtydog1
05-09-09, 07:07 PM
thats a real shame, they are both **** cars imo but either way they are part of motoring history! proper cars made from proper materials not the **** people are buying these days!

i bet a new ford focus wont last as long as that minor has!

Dirtydog1
05-09-09, 07:08 PM
respect for those guys thats what more dealerships should do!!

and gordon brown is a w*nker!!!

gordon brown is a ****! end of :cool:

AlexW
05-09-09, 07:25 PM

Thats somthing a mate of mine is doing, offering 2k or just over 2k for a decent car.

Im sure if novas were worth 2k then dealers/buyers of new cars wouldnt be so tempted to put them in.

RJM25R
05-09-09, 07:32 PM

I work at a main dealer and I dunno how that ^ can work?

£1000 comes from the government themselves, so the car would have to be worth at least £3000+ for the guy to give him £2500 cash for it and sell it on to make money. . . .

That means Gordon Brown gets his VAT on the new car (which is what it's all about, people!) AND he doesn't have too shell out a grand! Thats actually working in the governments FAVOUR!

Any car worth more than the £2000 wouldn't get scrappage at our place, we'd just give them the money and auction the cars. You only offer scrappage if there's no way you'll make your £2k at the block.

Looking ath the original pic, the sales guy has done HIMSELF out of money by scrapping those cars!

PS Scrappage cars can indeed be re-roaded!

dj_wudgey
05-09-09, 08:32 PM
PS Scrappage cars can indeed be re-roaded!

well at least there's that bit off good news lol

Sloth
06-09-09, 08:12 PM
my old mans just got a nissan quashquai on motability. when he collected it the dealer took him round the back of the dealership to show him them in different colours. my dad says that there was 30ish cars with scrap sprayed onto their bonnets. most were fiestas and mondeos etc but he saw a series 3 jag v12, a metro turbo, and a austin maxi in mint condition. fair nuff not uber kool cars (apart from the jag) but classics none the less. i cant wait till browns money and luck run out and this scheme and him are scrapped. what makes me happy is the fact that both my cars are "scrap" to him, but i love em, and one is worth far more than 2k. p.s like rjm says scrap markers can be removed, i know of a yard that gets alot of scrappage scheme cars and just re applys for a v5. he told me theyd put 100 ish good cars back on the road. have that ya fat scottish tit.

Mike
06-09-09, 08:18 PM
Dont even get me started on this scrappage blox!!!!

Evans Halshaw (nationwide Ford dealer) are advertising Transit Connects pov specs for £6k dead +vat.

So off i goes to my local dealer (lol) to trade my Corsa in, all is well an good. Until suddenly, the screen price jumps from a then £4k +vat to an amazing figure of about £6.8 to £7k +vat WITH my trade in included??!?!

So, I sat there an qeustioned the sales man......amazingly they charge £550 ish to deliver said van (deliver it 3 miles to my house?) plus another £400 odd to tax it, plus another £300 odd admin charger, plus some other dealer feed c0ck****.

Obviously me being me, i exploded in the guys face & subsequently swiftly exited the dealership before authoritive powers arrived to remove me from it.

dj_wudgey
06-09-09, 08:20 PM
my old mans just got a nissan quashquai on motability. when he collected it the dealer took him round the back of the dealership to show him them in different colours. my dad says that there was 30ish cars with scrap sprayed onto their bonnets. most were fiestas and mondeos etc but he saw a series 3 jag v12, a metro turbo, and a austin maxi in mint condition. fair nuff not uber kool cars (apart from the jag) but classics none the less. i cant wait till browns money and luck run out and this scheme and him are scrapped. what makes me happy is the fact that both my cars are "scrap" to him, but i love em, and one is worth far more than 2k. p.s like rjm says scrap markers can be removed, i know of a yard that gets alot of scrappage scheme cars and just re applys for a v5. he told me theyd put 100 ish good cars back on the road. have that ya fat scottish tit.

id give you some rep for that sloth well i would if i cba!!

mowgli
06-09-09, 08:50 PM
to all the people who are calling the moggie minor crap... I suggest you try driving one before commenting. it is one of the few cars that you can drift round a roundabout past a cop without even getting a second look.... it has steering so light, and fast that you will think that you are in a gokart.... it really is a billiant all round car. you can mend everything on it easily, people actually smile & wave when you pass (when will that ever happen in a nova???), and the exhaust lets out an enormous fart on the over run when you cog it down to 3rd...

Sloth
06-09-09, 09:15 PM
this man talks sense!!!!! /\

Mike
06-09-09, 09:52 PM
this man talks sense!!!!! /\

Oh arr, Mow might be a little older then most on here, but TBH he's a legend in his own right :thumb:

Heres to you Mow :wisewood:

Saloony
06-09-09, 10:44 PM
to all the people who are calling the moggie minor crap... I suggest you try driving one before commenting. it is one of the few cars that you can drift round a roundabout past a cop without even getting a second look.... it has steering so light, and fast that you will think that you are in a gokart.... it really is a billiant all round car. you can mend everything on it easily, people actually smile & wave when you pass (when will that ever happen in a nova???), and the exhaust lets out an enormous fart on the over run when you cog it down to 3rd...
1st to 2nd change up has me :thumb: My toolbox holds some witworth spanners due to having customers with these, traveller being one.

Sloth
06-09-09, 10:46 PM
is it bad that i now have an image of that moggie with a xe in it?

Saloony
06-09-09, 10:47 PM
is it bad that i now have an image of that moggie with a xe in it?

Grab some old retro mags and you'll find Moggies with full Cossie and 4x4 set ups... and a few V8s

Mike
06-09-09, 10:48 PM
And a 300bhp RWD 200SX powered one ;)

Saloony
06-09-09, 10:49 PM
And a 300bhp RWD 200SX powered one ;)

Forgot about that one :thumb:

Sloth
06-09-09, 11:08 PM
seen that un, its foookin nuts. beardmore bros moggie is ace too. god i need to sell my bimmer....

Hobbit
07-09-09, 02:15 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooBJ2Z2sZvo

:thumb:

saloon3
07-09-09, 09:50 AM
my old dear went to arnold clark to get get a new punto grande on scrappage scheme , no deposit,her t reg 306 tdi,£99 a month sound good ... just no .. have to wait 3 months on car as they need to be ordered from factory and not pre reg like most dealers do, if you do more than 6000 miles a year they charge you 6p a mile and a final payment of £2.5k ish !!

but dealer said forget scrappage ..i'll give you a grand for your old car ,2 years free servicing,tank of petrol,road tax,no milage penalty,£140 a month and no final payment ... and she drove it away next day .. old pug got £650 at auction a week later..

yeah yeah i know its a fiat .. but its economical as fook and get this .. £124 fully comp insurance! and cheaper road tax..1400cc quite nippy and quite impressive handling for what it is ..