PDA

View Full Version : XE Wants to die when revving.. then clears :S

ST-eater
04-09-09, 09:01 PM
Hellooo...

Yet another problem i cant find an answer to searching...

Basically ive sorted out my gears (had to remake the whole linkage as its in a non vaux car...)

and now im left with the last engine problem...

The car idles fine, no problems, and doesnt overfuel idling.
When i rev the car, it seems to die, then pick up with the rev.
It does this every time i rev the car.

Does anyone have any ideas?

(persoanally thinking that the fuel pump is not up to the job, kind of a mixture problem.. but i think im running a corsa GSI one.)

The fuel rail is the 3.0 bar one, with matched reg and injectors.... so could there be a lack of fuel at the beginning of the rev?

I have a vectra v6 pump i might fit to rule that out, but other than that im stumped....

I need the car drivable for trax, so if anyone has any ideas what it could be, no matter how silly il check it tomorrow.

Changed ecu, maf, new CTS, new Loom (non lambda), New sparks, Dizzy Cap, Crank Sensor, Dizzy Arm.

C20XE Early engine (dizzy + Coil)

Jon_nova1
06-09-09, 02:45 AM
sounds like throttle position issue to me.

Mine did exactly the same when i'd fitted the engine, basically i'd cut a wrong wire on the throttle sensor which should have gone to the fuel wiring which caused the engine to try and die when the accelerator was pressed, when floored it'd miss like hell at about 3-4000rpm

just make sure the tps sensor is set right and is activated when the acelerator is pressed

loggyboy
06-09-09, 09:53 AM
Possibly the idle valve.

Damo
06-09-09, 09:57 AM
Theres a plug the goes to the advance under the dizzy iircthis if unpluged makes them miss when you rev them. hope this helps.