PDA

View Full Version : Icv Prodlem?

ST-eater
03-09-09, 04:37 PM
Hi, fitted my loom today, and the engine was running well and idling great earlier...

After giving it a few revs, it seemed as if the throttle was stuck open and the car was revving like mad.

Ive turned it off, and tried starting a few times since, but its still revving like mad lol.

Ive closed the throttle butterfly by unbolting the throttle cable and its still revving like crazy lol...

Im thinking the ICV has stuck open, hence bypassing the throttle plate... or a vacuum leak (which i cant find)...

Disconnected the battery to see if it will fix the problem (yet to reconnect it and check)..

Could it be anything else other than ICV or a vacuum leak?

Also is there any way to un-stick the ICV?

XE ENGINE>>

let_nova
03-09-09, 04:40 PM
ok unplug the icv and se what it does. if theres no change you need a new one. they say you can clean them but tbh thats just a pain. i have a few spare. i will chuck one in with your dash.

ST-eater
03-09-09, 04:45 PM
ok unplug the icv and se what it does. if theres no change you need a new one. they say you can clean them but tbh thats just a pain. i have a few spare. i will chuck one in with your dash.

Cheers will give it a go in ten mins :D

ST-eater
03-09-09, 05:55 PM
Yay sorted it....

Have a custom copper pipe for the ICV, and some of the swarf from cutting it had mied with the grease sticking the valve open.... Cleaned it out, and regreased and it runs fine (for now lol)....

Just the last prob to sort out now haha