PDA

View Full Version : Can't decide what to do!?

?Marty?
04-03-03, 03:03 AM
I think you may already know that my car has been vandalised a fair lot: - currently have a different coloured door (after having to replace the last one - someone kicked the shit out of it), a dent on the roof (a brick was thrown onto it), scratches on just about every panel, a broken front grille (someone tried to pull it off and snapped it in half), spray-paint on the sides and rear, a cracked bonnet/scoop (someone climbed onto it) and two mirrors that have been ripped off.

However, i was going to have it all re-sprayed and kitted up anyway, and now have a whole kit, mirrors and new panels (such as bonnet/wings/grille) and etc sitting at home.

HOWEVER, i'm now having second thoughts, as i've already got a lot of stuff done to the car (17's, front and rear discs, rollcage, strutbraces, buckets/harnesses, steering wheel, suspension kit, custom jap exhaust... and so on) - basically a LOT of money already spent on the car, but, in it's current state, it's probably worth less than i paid for it standard! AND i have the kit and etc (around ?2000 worth) in my house PLUS the cost of having everything fitted, painted and etc to go on top (probably another ?2k).

Now i can't decide what would be a better option:

- To get the car 'done' and have a 'nice' Nova (to me, anyway), but i probably won't want it for much longer after that, and after spending around ?10k to build, it will sell for fuck all (though MOST of that money has already BEEN spent, and therefore 'lost'). AND there's no guarantee that after i've spent all this time and money, it won't get ripped to pieces again. Which will probably be even more likely than before. Then i will be even worse off.

OR;

- To save the money i'd spend in the bodyshop, sell all the parts i have at home (the kit and etc - though i'd end up losing money on what i paid, even though it's all still bubble wrapped and shit), strip the car and sell all the parts on/in it seperately, and sell the car as scrap metal.

Basically, i already want another car (possibly an RX7, a Mitsi FTO or an MR 2 - but proper 'done up' like :roll: ), and can't decide whether to 'finish' the one i've got, and then sell it and get another car (lose a lot of money, BUT get to have a 'cool Nova'), OR save the money i'd spend on 'finishing it' and sell all parts already bough (fitted and non fitted), and just get another car now (wouldn't get to have a 'cool Nova', and would i really be better off financially?). i.e. what would make me more money (to go towards my next purchase) - selling the whole car itself with all parts fitted, or stripping it and selling all parts separately?

Tazzy
04-03-03, 03:48 AM
if you are completely mad and filthy rich, id say the first option, but admititly (this will hurt saying) there are other cars out there apart from the gorgeous little Nova!

just follow your heart!

wisewood
04-03-03, 08:12 AM
Finish the job you've started mate.
Get it to the point you wanted it to be at all along... and then do what you must to get yourself the car you really want.

?Marty?
04-03-03, 09:36 AM
Yea, that's what i'm thinking mate. I guess we ask for advice, when we refuse to believe what we already know. :lol:

It's 'so close' to being there now, it'd be pointless 'giving up'.

Plus there's the 'small matter' of me having 9 points, with which i will struggle to get insurance, even with 4 years NCB and being 23 years old, on the other cars i want.

I'll finish the Nova, then probably re-place things that are already done (like maybe get 18's and an LET? and etc) :roll: , and wait till some of my points come off/i turn 25, THEN i'll get something different. (Although my decisions are fickle, so i could be changing my mind in a few days time :roll: :lol: )

Nova-Boy
04-03-03, 10:34 AM
Have you any access to a little garage to store your car over night to stop w*nkers wrecking it. Maybe rent one for a couple of quid a week. Its the only way to keep it off the street. I hate vandles!! :x

whitey
04-03-03, 11:07 AM
If you will make tons more money striupping it and selling the parts you have do that!

If you will draw even or loose a very small amount out of kitting it up, then do that!

Tis a big problem! Sometimes you are better off selling the car for parts even if it isn't that bad really!

ade
04-03-03, 11:15 AM
Move house 1st!

Regardless of what car you get - if you do it up (or get a newer good looking one) in your area its gonna get tanned unless you can get it off the street!

I'd do up the nova 1st - youve got everything you may as well see it through to the end - perservere.

Just get it off the road

locky
04-03-03, 05:23 PM
Have i got ur mirrors :wink:

?Marty?
04-03-03, 05:40 PM
:lol:

Yea mate you have! Though i still had some on my car too, before you got them.

A agarage is not really an option available to me, unless i move house. But i don't really fancy moving house, just for the sake of a car. Plus it hasn't really been vandalised outside my house (apart from the mirrors), but everytime i park it up somewhere else in the shitty town i live in.

Everyone know's it's my Nova, so i think there's people who have a grudge against me that are targetting it.

Tilly
04-03-03, 06:05 PM
Keep the Nova FOR Deffo

ade
04-03-03, 06:27 PM
Its a biatch for real m8. Specially if its being hit away from yer home.

Just choopse the areas you park in carefully. Not much else you can do.

:roll:

Id still do it - you got any pics in the features?

Ade

?Marty?
04-03-03, 11:39 PM
Yeah, MR2's are a lot of car for not much money.

Though so are FTO's. Aspecially the V6 Mivec's.

ade
05-03-03, 12:42 AM
knew a bloke at work who had an FTO - nice car - great noise but he didnt reckon much to it.

I quite like the CRX's - nice front with a splitter and lots of modding potential

nippy too