PDA

View Full Version : Electric power steering?

auzzy-b
02-09-09, 11:02 PM
Has any one ever fitted an ELECTRIC power steering rack from a corsa to a nova?

_JH_
02-09-09, 11:18 PM
sorry to hijack your post, but has anyone ever fitted a search function to a forum?

It's an electric column, plenty of topics on here about it, have a look

nova_saloon
02-09-09, 11:29 PM
yes they have there is chris from ashford on here that has, not hard at all to do litterally take out the old one replace it make sure you got the ecu for it and all that and just wire it up to the battery, simples! *meerkat noise*

jimbob-mcgrew
03-09-09, 12:20 AM
dont do it man

Jack
03-09-09, 07:54 AM
Hmm, I was under the impression the mounts on the inside of the bulkhead need work...

auzzy-b
03-09-09, 09:26 AM
sorry to hijack your post, but has anyone ever fitted a search function to a forum?

It's an electric column, plenty of topics on here about it, have a look
i would of searched but was in a bit of rush so didnt have time? So thought id just ask a quick question.. Ill look now tho:) thanks for the fast advice guys

AlexW
03-09-09, 11:09 AM
Hmm, I was under the impression the mounts on the inside of the bulkhead need work...

The top one can be left as it is, but your need to make up somthing for the motor mount. People usualy change the top mount to get a better angle, rather then the gay nova one.

loggyboy
03-09-09, 09:16 PM
I maybe having a go at this this weekend, but mine already has a Corsa column so should be more straight forward.

auzzy-b
03-09-09, 09:39 PM
I maybe having a go at this this weekend, but mine already has a Corsa column so should be more straight forward.
Cool, let me know how you get on loggyboy:)

auzzy-b
03-09-09, 09:47 PM
The top one can be left as it is, but your need to make up somthing for the motor mount. People usualy change the top mount to get a better angle, rather then the gay nova one.

Do you mean the rack or column?

loggyboy
03-09-09, 09:49 PM
He means column. An EPAS rack is identical to a manual one, except it is differently geared so its 2.7 turns lock to lock.

auzzy-b
03-09-09, 11:48 PM
Is it just the motor that works it then, and thats what needs to be fitted

http://i.ebayimg.com/18/!BZtNe3!B2k~$(KGrHgoH-EIEjlLlzEZJBKo!M0wdwg~~_35.JPG

loggyboy
04-09-09, 01:01 AM
Yep. best to add quickrack too or its pointless as its not hard to turn a normal nova rack.