PDA

View Full Version : Astra bits in a nova?

ade
04-03-03, 01:22 AM
Hi,

Seen an Astra GTE 8v digi dash with loom etc for sale. I'm sure it will but just to check - will this go into a nova (MK2)?

Also - what else can be transplanted from the astra in to the nova - eg the seats?

Ade

Tazzy
04-03-03, 03:00 AM
dont forget the tranducer from the gearbox for the digdash!

what engine you got?

from my bros astra, as well as the digidash, i also had the bonnet vents and boot spoiler, i was gonan have the seats and sterring wheel but the silly tart let them go all mouldy!

you could have calipers?

ade
04-03-03, 11:05 AM
engines a 1.4 carb - currently have the old 1.2 mk2 dash (big centre speedo) coz it was prev a 1.2 (carb)

Was looking at the interior. Dunno though

Aragorn
04-03-03, 11:57 AM
the mould will wash off

i got the 3 spoke steering wheel from a GTE which i feel is MUCH better than the standard nova tat, although it is a tad bigger

u will need the dash, both loom plugs and gerbox sender

if the sender aint there ive got one here from a 1.2i that im pretty sure will run it

give us a shout if u need it

the seats will fit but you'll need to f00k with the subframes in a similar way as u would had u installed say cavvy leather

i wouldnt bother with the 8v calipers - get yourself a set of 16v ones as they are supposed to be a good bit better

other than that im sure there aint nowt else - if its goin cheap then u could take the 2.0 8v and tranny too and sell it on, or use it :D

ade
04-03-03, 02:24 PM
cheers m8 - keeping me eye on the dash mainly - got me eye on a 2lts nova near me... :twisted:

Project wasp here we come!

mikeoxford
04-03-03, 06:51 PM
simoniz dri-clean in a spray can............... (for the seats)