i always thought it'd never happen to me but it did
my pride and joy got stolen
thankfully the police found it,local to where i live
not too much damage just need new black box and window
but be warned it does happen

wisewood
03-03-03, 10:54 PM
GUTTED!!!

stolen and recovered that quick?? that is very fortunate.

Anonymous
03-03-03, 10:59 PM
GUTTED!!!

stolen and recovered that quick?? that is very fortunate.

im gutted and happy at the same time
gutted coz my pride and joy got nicked yes its a banger but i luv my nova
i got to my car 2 & half hours after it was nicked
HE RAN OUT OF PETROL !!!!!!!!
good old car :lol:

whitey
03-03-03, 11:02 PM
Sorry to hear it but pleased for you at the same time!

I wouldnt even trust a 2 yr old baby near my car! Pikeys start young!

Mel
03-03-03, 11:08 PM
glad to hear its returned safely..not sure what i'd do if it was my car :?

Anonymous
03-03-03, 11:16 PM
you cant prepare yourself for it you just dont know what to do
i am extremley lucky
gonna read the anti theft device thread now :lol:

Neil.
03-03-03, 11:35 PM
did u have alarm ready for tomorow before it got nicked or are u putting one on because of it being stolen?

Anonymous
03-03-03, 11:41 PM
yeah i had planned to get it put on
haven't a clue as to what alarm it is
got a friend whos a mechanic and he got it for me

ade
04-03-03, 12:23 AM
i got to my car 2 & half hours after it was nicked
HE RAN OUT OF PETROL !!!!!!!!
good old car

Quality - the best security system you can have! :lol:

As for alarms, depends on yer budget and you plans for the car. If you park usually outside yer house then a good crook lock or steering wheel lock lock with a basic alarm and immobaliser will deter the average chancer theif. Prob you have is when you get a determined theif who wants yer car - dont matter what you get then - they'll have it away.

I've started removing my coil HT lead as well as fitting a crook lock. i also have a total closure alarm and immobaliser with central locking (delocked) - if I can delay them just that little longer all the better

Ade
(paranoid)

Tilly
04-03-03, 12:26 AM
do what me and dave did go out looking for the car ands steal it bak 5 hours later hehe

doesnt matter if u have an alarm if they want it they'll get it

NoFrills
04-03-03, 12:31 AM
at the end of the day, it dont matter what alarm etc u have on it, if they wanna nick ur car they will no matter what security u have. Best idea is to keep it out of sight, locked garage with alarm etc

wisewood
04-03-03, 08:15 AM
How did they get into it?
I know there are loads of simple ways into a nova... just wondering which method they used.

Anonymous
04-03-03, 09:49 AM
they smashed the little window on the passenger side and PUSHED him down the road
i am planning on doing it up for me brother when he comes home next year (lucky beggars in spain !!!)
so if anybody has suggestions ......
as for security money would be no object :lol:

wisewood
04-03-03, 09:54 AM
Well... there will be plenty of people here who will be able to tell you how to spend a good chunk of your cash on security.

Anonymous
04-03-03, 09:57 AM
the more suggestions the better
at least i wont have to pay for any work to be done

whitey
04-03-03, 11:16 AM
The best security item i have ever brought and you could get would be a snap-off system for the steering wheel!

This has the added advantage that it has a serious visual deterrent! BUT, if they wanted it, thed pull it up onto a truck!

That type of measure isnt really gonna happen though!

So go to www.motormania.co.uk and order a boss and snap of kit for your car! Will cost you around ?80 for the snap off and ?30 for the boss! (I have a boss which n e one can have for ?20 plus ?5 delivery! Yeah i know but it hasnt even been taken outta box!)

N e way, you will then need a different steering wheel, which you can pick up form ?50 to ?200, Id recommend momo personally!

As Ade said, there is remove the lead, this isnt always practical but when u park in a car park and dont plan to return for a while, its an extra immobiliser!

Get a good CAT1 alarm and immobiliser!

The list goes on and on!

Id recommend the snap off, good alarm and being a bit more alert!

wisewood
04-03-03, 11:30 AM
I used to remove the HT lead all the time on my nova. Doing that along with everything else thats been mentioned might get you somewhere :lol:

burgessovsalford
04-03-03, 11:40 AM
The down point about the snap off steering wheel is if you take it off going shoping oyu gotta carry it about with you, unless you HIDE it in the car which is also a bit dodgy...

I bought a 'Disklok' about 2 months ago. The one that covers whole steering wheel. How go r these? Anyone ever had there car stolen with it on?

Anonymous
04-03-03, 12:00 PM
I used to remove the HT lead all the time on my nova. Doing that along with everything else thats been mentioned might get you somewhere :lol:

yeah looking like a muppet for a bit trying to put it back on :lol:

wisewood
04-03-03, 12:35 PM
takes no time to remove and refit, just unplug both ends and put in your pocket... and then refit the reverse of removal :lol: as it would say in the haynes.

Anonymous
04-03-03, 12:38 PM
yeah but i'd get me hands dirty :lol:

wisewood
04-03-03, 12:54 PM
keep a pair of rubber gloves in the car then ;)
you never know when they might be useful. :lol:

Anonymous
04-03-03, 01:10 PM
keep a pair of rubber gloves in the car then ;)
you never know when they might be useful. :lol:

but people jump to the wrong conclusion about things like rubber gloves

wisewood
04-03-03, 01:51 PM
:lol: why what wrong conclusion could there possibly be for rubber gloves?

ade
04-03-03, 02:13 PM
lol!

Keep yer engine bay clean.

TOAD or Clifford alarms are good.

You can get into novas easily unless the owner fits anti door jimmy devices around the locks etc.

Smash the glass is the easiest. You can get holdals for the steering wheel (if u go for the snap on option) - sling over yer shulder.

Get a wheel boot!

?Marty?
04-03-03, 05:45 PM
It is very simple to drive a car which has a snap-off system and the steeringwheel's been removed.

krobinson
05-03-03, 11:28 AM
explain?

Alex
05-03-03, 11:43 AM
A visual deterent, like a steering lock is the best bet against pikeys as well as an alarm. If they are just kids they wont bother and will just nick the other nova down the road which hasn't one! Nasty to that nova owner but it is not your fault

kinky nova
05-03-03, 11:47 AM
a question for alex
how can you be in bed ASLEEP when you're on line posting replies ??????
never knew a bloke could do two things at once :lol:

Alex
05-03-03, 11:51 AM
Well. my bed is on wheels so everywhere i go i can just wheel my bed. As the bit about being asleep, i am sleep typing. Students learn many things at university :lol:

kinky nova
05-03-03, 12:06 PM
but you claim to be a "lazy student" so how can you learn if ya lazy

v1nce
05-03-03, 12:14 PM
my nova was nicked just over 2 weeks ago from the works car park then used 2 rob a pub from which it out run a cop car. they still aint found it.

the car had a thatcham proved alarm and immobiliser which they must have "grabbed" the signal from or by passed. as metioned b4 something like a disc lock or some other physical device should back up ure alarm.i dont think these snap off wheels r that practical, u going 2 walk in2 a supermarket - pub - club - etc with a steering wheel under your arm ??? nor is removing HT leads because as the police bloke told me the theifs carry them around.

and from wot we can tell they punch the lock through the door so get them delocked and then theres the old mk2 hazard warning switch trick !!! b warned

Alex
05-03-03, 01:12 PM
well there are some things which are just instinct

mark_GSi
05-03-03, 06:12 PM
got a clifford 500 on mine and its class, just saving for a snap off, but at the end of the day if the cant have it they will damage it :evil: :evil:

I HATE ALL CAR THEIVES!!!!!!!

got a crooklock on at mo, ant alot but all the more helps

best 2 have a cat1 with sum sort of cat3

if u r really loaded wot bout a tracker??? my m8 had it on his R5 turbo :wink:

whitey
05-03-03, 07:19 PM
i dont think these snap off wheels r that practical, u going 2 walk in2 a supermarket - pub - club - etc with a steering wheel under your arm ??? nor is removing HT leads because as the police bloke told me the theifs carry them around.

Snap off is extremely practical! Carry it in a bag if you wanna remove it and if you had one then u could simply take it into work or in at night!

Would have saved your car gettin nicked wouldnt it now!

kinky nova
05-03-03, 09:17 PM
it woulda saved my car from being nicked
but as it was people that didn't know who i am in my area they took it
but they don't know it was the last car they'll nick
revenge is soooooo sweet
tracker : more info ????????

Chris LR
05-03-03, 09:23 PM
My car was nicked with Stoplock and Alarm/Immobilser. I got it back after it finished it's robbing spree.

It was The Getaway Car!

ade
06-03-03, 12:37 AM
reackers are excellent - hidden device built into the car sends a signal to a control centre that can track the car.

When knicked (if fitted with the trigger), the car immediately beams a signal telling HQ its been knicked - they use GPS satellites to track it. 95% are recovered within 30 mins - regardless of where you hide it (unless in a lead lined box!)

Kits come in various packs - and you pay a yearly subscription to the HQ for privelage but its the best defense!

Unless the sods torch the car.

http://www.tracker.co.uk/