PDA

View Full Version : 20XE crankshaft sprocket

Iain
02-09-09, 06:20 PM
Trying to remove this at the moment. Engine is on a stand with the head/sump etc off. I've tried a (small) air compressor and gun on it and tried bolting a flywheel on to wedge a screwdriver in, but it's not budging and just flexing on the engine stand! Any hints/tips with it being out of the car/on a stand?

Adam
02-09-09, 06:28 PM
You trying to remove the massive centre nut yeah?
Do you really need to? Can you not get away with just removing the pully?

I managed to undo mine with a 8ft scaffold pole and a 3ft tyre lever wedged in the fly teeth, bastid of a job as the bolts done to something like 280 lb/ft

Iain
02-09-09, 06:30 PM
Just fancied it off lol And will need to come off if I want to replace the oil pump?!

I guess I'll have to get the block sitting flat on the floor? As it's just flexing on the stand at the moment and putting pressure on the bolts holding it on.

Adam
02-09-09, 06:31 PM
I unddid mine with the engine on the stand.

And yeah it'll have to come off to do the pump

Iain
02-09-09, 06:38 PM
Off it comes, the little bugger. Wedged an XE exhaust manifold under the engine to stop it flexing, screwdriver in the flywheel and breaker bar on the bolt. :d

philip
03-09-09, 04:26 PM
ive had sump off, locked the crank so wont turn and wraunched off with a very big bar...works everytime!lol

WBC
03-09-09, 04:29 PM
Aye,,,

Not a clean and cheap job when it comes loose while driving either,, so make sure you tighten it VFT ;)

philip
03-09-09, 04:53 PM
high strength loctite ftwlol