PDA

View Full Version : Dead fuel regulator?

MK999
02-09-09, 10:40 AM
Think I've found the main issue on my car, when you unplug the vac takeoff for the fuel reg (obviously covering any air holes with fingers) the car will rev up exactly the same as with it on, and sucking on the tube doesn't affect the idle at all... am I looking at a dodgy fuel reg or is this normal?

Also, where can I get a blank for the fuel rail with the nipple on it for an adjustable fuel reg? I have one to replace the dead fuel reg on mine but can't fit it yet because I don't have this blanking piece.

w88rdy
12-11-09, 10:19 PM
Did you sort this mate? if so what was the outcome?

MK999
12-11-09, 10:21 PM
chucked a lacks power boost valve on it as a quick fix and that fixed it as best a downgrade from standard equipment could, so it's definitely a fuelling problem.

Never actually fixed it to run fine on standard kit though, have a new regulator to try but have since had a money crisis and had to swap the nova for a french diesel for a bit.

w88rdy
12-11-09, 10:56 PM
Any idea where the vacuum hose on the top of the oe regulator goes to? mines just hanging around lol

Benn
12-11-09, 11:00 PM
Out let under the tb on the inlet. Iirc.

MK999
12-11-09, 11:45 PM
theres a bit under the inlet manifold with 2 little nipples on it, goes on there as far I know, spent a little while trying to figure them all out, mine doesn't run right though so lol