PDA

View Full Version : Nova GSi, now with added lowness

techie
03-03-03, 08:20 PM
I fitted my Gmax suspension kit at luchtime today, looks nice.

But you will have to take my word for it until tomorrow as I forgot my camera...numbnuts. :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Fester
03-03-03, 08:34 PM
this car is coming on well fast!

got my nova build manual ordered too :)

locky
03-03-03, 09:49 PM
Yeah he must be earning a mint!
wish mine would come along as quickly as urs! i run out of funds 2 quick lol!

whitey
03-03-03, 10:07 PM
Yes its deffo coming along! Its wickid when u can give it a massive cash injection and get a load of things which really make a difference instead of the few usual things which can cost and take time like the engine and de-rusting the jwhole car ready for the other stuff!

techie
03-03-03, 11:32 PM
lol, Im not minted. Tis why ive got to sell my first love, my Astra.

But im having fun with the Nova, and working just about every week end so I can get the odd bit for her.

So far ive bought the car, added some second hand wheels, and fitted a budget suspension kit. The stuff is all out there cheapish if you know where to look. Plus being a quailifed Vauxhall mechanic and having a ramp means no labour costs, big savings there.

But anyhow thanks for the nice comments, pics will follow. And next time there is a meet at MK ill bring her along.

Did anyone see me creep in, in the Astra? Tried to keep it low profile...lol

Tilly
03-03-03, 11:52 PM
i saw u

_JH_
04-03-03, 12:01 AM
I should be getting my Vauxhall dealer sport manual very soon. Basically a book from Vauxhall telling you how to build a grp n or a spec rally Nova. Ordered it from Amazon. Includes how to build a 170bhp E16SE engine on standard ish injection.

you got a link to this book please? cant find it on amazon :oops: (dumbass)

techie
04-03-03, 12:09 AM
Competition Build Manual: Nova/Corsa"
Andrew Duerden, Gordon Birtwistle; Spiral-bound

Thats the title and author, aint got the book yet. But since been told that its rather out of date but gotta be worth a look I say.

_JH_
04-03-03, 12:32 AM
cheers pal!

techie
04-03-03, 12:36 AM
Anytime. :)

techie
04-03-03, 06:19 PM
Still to be roadtested at the moment because its off the road due to a knackered n/s/f hub, waiting for a new one to arrive, so it should drop a bit more when it settles.

http://mig.lathwood.co.uk/uploads/Novaa1
http://mig.lathwood.co.uk/uploads/Novac1
http://mig.lathwood.co.uk/uploads/Novad1
http://mig.lathwood.co.uk/uploads/Novaf1

What do you think??????

ade
04-03-03, 06:29 PM
Nice n clean m8 - looks v innocent and "unmolested!"

8)

That Leon in the background is the exact colour I'm after for my next project!

(sorry to change subject!)

:oops:

Ade

MattyWoo
04-03-03, 06:36 PM
nice mate. very nice!!!!

Ben (lurk75)
04-03-03, 06:36 PM
You make me sick! :x

Youve only had it 3 weeks. :o

Nice though. :roll:

And i bet the engine starts. :cry:

carzone_corsa
04-03-03, 10:03 PM
looks very tidy, and those wheels that you got off miles look mint! :wink:

locky
04-03-03, 10:35 PM
Looks wicked! ru gonna go 4 the wolf in sheeps clothing tactic?????
Souped up engine with standard bodywork apart from the usual! (like ur wheels and suspension!)

_JH_
04-03-03, 11:47 PM
Souped up engine with standard bodywork apart from the usual! (like ur wheels and suspension!)

aah... the way it should be! :D

practicality not ponsibility

locky
05-03-03, 07:59 PM
If i could do it all again thats wot id do, The wolf in sheeps clothing!
I was chattin 2 Dan months back bout this on mirc, he was goin 4 that, but had 2 fit a scoop for air flow as hez running twin carbs!

techie
05-03-03, 08:42 PM
Oh the wolf idea is what I got in mind.

Not into bodykits and the like myself. I like it tidy and fast.

Jim
05-03-03, 08:49 PM
Very nice techie.

I saw you pop along to the MK meeting on sunday. You didn't have to park your car in the other car park, lol. I can tell you now, a lot of people were talking about your Astra when you left, it looks even better in real life than it does in the pics. Shame you've got to sell it :|

Keep up the good work. Just as long as you don't go to mad with the engine mods, not sure I'd want competition for the quickest Nova in MK ;)

Jim

techie
05-03-03, 09:19 PM
Quickest Nova in MK eh?

Do you know Mike from Auto XS?? Hes got a red XE'd Nova thats for sale at the moment, that shifts.

I would have brought the Astra up and shown it off a bit, but as I didnt really know anyone I was a bit shy :oops:

locky
05-03-03, 09:43 PM
lol, i seriously think we should get name tags for the meets! :lol:

Jim
05-03-03, 10:23 PM
Quickest Nova in MK eh?

Do you know Mike from Auto XS?? Hes got a red XE'd Nova thats for sale at the moment, that shifts.

Hehe, yeah I know Mike from AutoXS, I'm pretty good mates with him. Whenever I need anything I usually have a chat with Mike first :) I know about his 2.016v Nova :D It's a nice car, very clean and well looked after, shame he's selling it, but I appreciate his reasons for doing so. Still not sure if he'd be able to keep up with me between the roundabouts tho ;)

Jim

MattyWoo
05-03-03, 10:34 PM
lol, i seriously think we should get name tags for the meets! :lol:

There were a few of us planning on stealing Tillys idea and gettin numberplates made up with our usernames on and putting them in our cars

_JH_
06-03-03, 11:57 AM
yeah have them in your windscreen like truckers do and all you milton keynes boys can beep at each other all day long. what about a cb radio in the cab (i mean car) 10/4! lol

locky
07-03-03, 04:59 PM
:lol: I had a cb in the red nova lmao! :lol: