PDA

View Full Version : Good garages and bodyshops!!!

mark_GSi
03-03-03, 07:35 PM
i was thinking, why dont we post names of reputable bodyshops and garages.

think most people on here have been dun by 1 or the other or perhaps even both.

got stung by a bodyshop once, never again

bodyshops:

dont know ne REALLY good near me

GARAGES:

Tanvics in loughborough

V V Good at wot they do, they have fitted a water pump and a new clutch on my girlfriends Clio 16V, they have also MOT my baby, can not fault them, well impressed with them

just thought this might help sum people :wink:

whitey
03-03-03, 07:51 PM
Loads are mentioned from time to time!

Dawsons - 10miins from me! Dont need to say much more, one of the best in the country, the mags show that!

Then a few that spring to mind

RJ Automotive
Davilyns
R-Tec
K-Tec
CarltonAuto

redbristolnova
03-03-03, 09:12 PM
yea,
good idea, im getting my nova resprayed but i want a good job done and not a rip off.
I live in Bristol if any one no's any good bodyshops near me!
max amount about ?800
I don't want a change of colour but I dont want it to peel, have runs or crack. GOOD JOB NOT RUBBISH.

Does any one no what Vauxhall Flame Red looks like new because some1 said its orangy and I want a Bright RED no orangy colour

Thanks 8)

whitey
03-03-03, 10:09 PM
Take a look at Ade's car! Tink he did it flame red again!? Deffo RED though!

In features under 1.2 or maybe 1.4 now! Depends if he got it changed to 1.4!

Jim
03-03-03, 11:14 PM
Last I heard, it was a bit of an awkaward decision to do this kind of list. If someone was to bad mouth a garage, Novaload could get into trouble for it. You'll have to check with Kev to get the exact details. I think we all know a handful of good garages and a dozen or so bad ones :s

Jim

ade
04-03-03, 12:49 AM
maybe kev and his code busting could come up with a map of the uk - put yer mouse over part you live (region etc) and a box tells you best garages in area as submitted by novaloaders.

U CANT add crap ones - too many law suits etc but good PR never did anyone any harm.

I recommend Fastlane Motors Thornhill Drive Glasgow. Ali there runs it with his dad - one man outfit but dead sound and very honest/reasonable.
V good quality work.

My cars Carmine red by the way and does look orangey. You want a ferrari red - thats about as red as you'll get! Take a trip to a paint shop and ask to see their colour charts.

onephatnova
04-03-03, 07:49 PM
mine is "flame red"...!!

to be honest 1 or 2 of my pix do look a tiny bit orangy :oops: , but its just my cheapo digi-camera and the different light angles. :oops:

But it is deffinately RED!! :) :D 8)

onephatnova
04-03-03, 07:52 PM
:oops: :D