PDA

View Full Version : changing logbook

cdb gsi
01-09-09, 07:38 PM
me and a mate put a xe into a corsa gsi,so how do i go about changing the log book any answers cheers:thumb:

let_nova
01-09-09, 07:40 PM
fill in logbook with new details. and will need a engineers report.. pm me if you need help

draper
01-09-09, 07:40 PM
look in the articles section, theres a article about it

cdb gsi
01-09-09, 07:54 PM
engineers report,so id have to have it checked by a garage

let_nova
01-09-09, 07:55 PM
you have pm mate

Jack
01-09-09, 09:56 PM
http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=121295

Some people get away without evidence, some don't. The official line from the DVLA is you need some form of evidence (bearing in mind the insurance may ask for this also)

hc coupe
02-09-09, 05:18 PM
Hi,

After sending my V5 off with the correct changes I waited 4 weeks for them to to reply and say I needed conformation of the "cc" and "engine number".

I was also told NOT to send the information off to the Swansea address but instead post it to my local DVLA office (they will be much faster apparently).

My advice would be to run it down a garage and save yourself the hassle. My garage just copied what I had written down for the number and just looked in the engine bay. Was there for no longer than 5 min.

I would also post it with a cover note saying what changes are being made so they can't c**k it up. I also scanned a copy of the V5 before I posted it out so I had a copy encase they lose it/police and ownership reasons....may help

Best of luck