PDA

View Full Version : any idea ?

Bobminda
31-08-09, 09:11 PM
Ok I hope to take the Nova to Trax, BUT.............

I need Tax and Insurance before Saturday

1. Do you think the Ins cert could come through for thursdays post (for taxing purposes) ?

2. Can I tax without insurance ?

3. can I tax online as wednesday if i have take out insurance tomorrow ?
(id guess it will take a week or so to come through, so another question is will it be ok to not to display the tax?

Spudly
31-08-09, 09:12 PM
Sorry to be blunt but,

No..

No...

No...

When youre waiting for your docs they will take twice aslong to tip up as they would normally!

Jack
31-08-09, 09:14 PM
1. Yes, if you ask them nicely to send it priority
2. No, although you can do it online if you've purchased insurance. Bear in mind it may take a while for the ins co to update the national database.
3. See above lol

The online tax no disc thing has been covered before, lemme go see if i can find the thread

[edit] Found it. So long as the Secretary of State has received your application for a tax disc renewal (we would assume that an online application has instant delivery), you can drive without displaying one.

Spudly
31-08-09, 09:15 PM
1. Yes, if you ask them nicely to send it priority

Post offices will not accept a faxed copy of your docs trust me i know from experience!

The online tax no disc thing has been covered before, lemme go see if i can find the thread

Even if you do tax it online yes you are taxed, but the offence is to not display and you can still get fined for it!

Bobminda
31-08-09, 09:16 PM
Sorry to be blunt but,

No..

No...

No..

When youre waiting for your docs they will take twice aslong to tip up as they would normally!

DOH, DOH, DOH

mowgli
31-08-09, 09:19 PM
go to a broker that is real... they will do a cover note.

then simply walk into a post office with owners doc., cover note & mot certificate and any means of payment except a credit card & you will walk out with a tax disc.

Jack
31-08-09, 09:20 PM
Spud, where did I say anything about faxing?! lol

And yes you can drive without a tax disc, see above. Spud walloping FTW :p

Bobminda
31-08-09, 09:20 PM
I was think about asking the insurance comp to send on a next day delivery !
That way i could then pop to the PO and tax it.

I'll need to take the sorn wont I ??

Jack
31-08-09, 09:21 PM
No, you'll just fill in a new application for tax form. The post office will have them.

mowgli
31-08-09, 09:22 PM
the sorn can be taken.. but it is not necessary

which company are you using????

Spudly
31-08-09, 09:22 PM
You didnt jack, but i know a few people who have had theirs faxed through only to find out that the post office wont accept it, and im almost certain that you can still get done for not displaying as thats a seperate offence to not being taxed, same as if your rent disc holder falls off and its in the glove box you can be fined by a really picky **** of a copper, i.e. an uber jobsworth!

mowgli
31-08-09, 09:23 PM
No, you'll just fill in a new application for tax form. The post office will have them.

last time, i didn't need to fill in a form. they did it all on the screen

Jack
31-08-09, 09:26 PM
http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/OwningAVehicle/HowToTaxYourVehicle/DG_069680

How to tax your vehicle without a reminder

You can tax your vehicle using a V10 ‘Vehicle licence application’
Thats the official line, whenever I've done it without a reminder, they've just filled in the form for me.

Bobminda
31-08-09, 09:27 PM
the sorn can be taken.. but it is not necessary

which company are you using????

IL be using HIC as they cover track days and all mods (Plus they quoted me only £321 Fully Comp)

blue_peg_16v
31-08-09, 09:28 PM
hic will email it to you and you print it off ya sen been like that for the last 3 years dont get docs through post and ive never had a problem

Bobminda
31-08-09, 09:29 PM
http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/OwningAVehicle/HowToTaxYourVehicle/DG_069680

Thats the official line, whenever I've done it without a reminder, they've just filled in the form for me.

So

V10
Ins cert (if its with me by Thurs)
Dosh
MOT

Think thats everything

mowgli
31-08-09, 09:29 PM
IL be using HIC as they cover track days and all mods (Plus they quoted me only £321 Fully Comp)

ask them nicely if they do royal mail special post

Bobminda
31-08-09, 09:31 PM
hic will email it to you and you print it off ya sen been like that for the last 3 years dont get docs through post and ive never had a problem

THATS A BIG RESULT...I CALL THEM FIRST THING !!!

:thumb:

Jack
31-08-09, 09:31 PM
They should send you legit docs through the post too, as spuds says printed copies are not acceptable for tax (and the fuzz won't accept them for a producer either)

Bobminda
31-08-09, 09:34 PM
They should send you legit docs through the post too, as spuds says printed copies are not acceptable for tax (and the fuzz won't accept them for a producer either)

Surely ill print them from a master (PDF or similar) just like they would so they will be identical.

mowgli
31-08-09, 09:35 PM
Surely ill print them from a master (PDF or similar) just like they would so they will be identical.

you can't reproduce watermarks & stuck on seals..

Bobminda
31-08-09, 09:47 PM
Very true,

Do you think they will still give me tax If i print off a copy?

mowgli
31-08-09, 09:49 PM
Very true,

Do you think they will still give me tax If i print off a copy?

i won't be putting money on it.

Bobminda
31-08-09, 09:51 PM
Just taken a look at my current ins cert and dosent have any water marks !

Think i'll give it a try

Rich
31-08-09, 10:01 PM
Flux emailed my stuff to me, its exactly the same when printed off as when they used to send me the documents. If one post office wont accept it, go into another one.

Bobminda
01-09-09, 01:07 PM
SORTED !!

Phone HIC at 9AM they emailed them by 10AM went to the PO and got the TAX !!

Cheers all

Nick
01-09-09, 01:30 PM
You're lucky.... My local post office didn't accept my HIC emailed Document as Valid - I even took a laptop and showed them an on-screen version.

Tards !

Bobminda
01-09-09, 07:02 PM
You're lucky.... My local post office didn't accept my HIC emailed Document as Valid - I even took a laptop and showed them an on-screen version.

Tards !

Bet you were well P*ssed off,

Thing is, have they sent you a hard copy through the post ? and is it the same as your printed off emailed copy ??