PDA

View Full Version : not nova,,, clio 1.4 8 valve issues help

comptoncj
31-08-09, 11:59 AM
right, chap who i know asked me if i would change the timing belt on his 98 renault clio 1.4, i looked on auto data and saw that it had keyways so i though it would be a fairly straight forward job,,, i have just been working on it and had to stop because i took the bottom pulley off and had a look n thought that the keyway in it was damaged, thinking nothing of it i proceeded to turn the engine onto its timing marks, the crankshaft is spinning but the crank pulley is not, :s on further inspection i noticed that the other keyway that holds the crank pulley onto the crankshaft was also broken :( so i think all that was holding it together was the bottom pulley bolt and as soon as i removed it everything has gone pete tong,,,

any ideas chaps i know its not a nova but somebody out there must have some answered on how to solve the problem or have had it happen to them before???

cheers

Asa-James
31-08-09, 12:17 PM
get your backside to a scrappers and find yourself a new pulley? raid around all the renaults as some of the other engines might run the same pulley, just take yours in for referance.

comptoncj
31-08-09, 01:03 PM
oki doki chap will do, doubt a breakers would be open today tho :(