PDA

View Full Version : Steering column

Jay
30-08-09, 10:08 PM
Apparently when you fit Courbeu revolutions the steering wheel sits slightly to the left, so i am told i will have to get a custom steering column, any gen on this please?

Nobby
30-08-09, 10:09 PM
never heard ot that before??

Iain
30-08-09, 10:10 PM
Corsa B steering column and joint and custom column mounts worked for me.

How bad it is will depend on how you fit the seat, and if you angle it slightly to suit the car.

Jay
30-08-09, 10:21 PM
Corsa B steering column and joint and custom column mounts worked for me.

How bad it is will depend on how you fit the seat, and if you angle it slightly to suit the car.

Advice would be great iain :)

Iain
30-08-09, 10:38 PM
Well the column sits slightly to the left as standard, it's just you notice it more with deep bucket seats. lol

If you're mounting the seat on custom rails and side mounts, you can angle the seat inwards slightly and so could retain the standard column without too much back pain.

Or you can set about straightening the steering column, I used a Corsa B steering column and bottom joint with mounts welded in to the car. Problems with this is you may need to use a Corsa brake setup to free up room, and I doubt it'll work with a dashboard.

http://iainel.co.uk/images/forums/NovaWIP2/485.JPG

greg1.4
30-08-09, 10:51 PM
i done the same as above ^^^

AlexW
30-08-09, 11:17 PM
Somthing else, which il be doing if i ever get a nova for track etc will be using a corsa collum that has pas on the rack. If that makes sence.