PDA

View Full Version : c20xe wiring, one plug left!

Jon_nova1
30-08-09, 07:59 PM
Hi all, the engines in etc, there one plug and there doesn't appear to be anywhere for it to plug into?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v166/Unicorn007/DSC00194.jpg

the one on the right, about the same size as the afm, its got quite a long peice of wire on it...that could connect to anything in the engine bay:confused:

it looks like signal cables for the injectors

General Baxter
30-08-09, 08:01 PM
what colour wires ?

Jon_nova1
30-08-09, 08:05 PM
red/yellow
brown/blue x2
red/brown
red/white

could it be

http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showpost.php?p=821701&postcount=4

"15- This is a 5 pin (I think?) plug which connects to the back of the block loom. It will be down by the speedo cable drive somewhere. (The loom from the back of the block should include, knock sensor, ICV etc)"

I can't find where it needs to connect to though?

Jon_nova1
30-08-09, 10:38 PM
ok, the wires come from the injectors on a connector

theres 2 connectors that come out of the injection block thing

one has a live and switched ignition

the other has this plug going to it:confused:

Benn
30-08-09, 10:39 PM
Coil?
Is it a late xe? Might go to the amp (ign bit from the coilpack.)

Jon_nova1
30-08-09, 10:43 PM
its coil, not sure if its a late xe

If you mean the plug thats under the ignition coil, its already connected

it looks like signal cables for the injectors

let_nova
30-08-09, 10:51 PM
TPS?

off topic

when running dispak do you still have a amplifier? fired the loom into a corsa today and im left with a big plug??

Jon_nova1
30-08-09, 11:19 PM
the one that plugs into the top of the inlet manifold? its already fitted:(

Im not as stupid as im making out, its just describing where the connections are located means people will pick up if i get it wrong lol

I'd assume (not that im one to say) it would be built into the coil pack if it has one and the connection should be on the dizzy (going from memory of wen i had a coilpack)...like the other one

Lee
30-08-09, 11:32 PM
I seem to remember wiring up an XE from an Astra GSi (is that where yours is from?) which had a similar plug which fed signals somewhere.

Pretty sure you dont need it, have tyou tried to start it?

Jon_nova1
30-08-09, 11:38 PM
not yet, the ecu's still in manchester:confused:

actually, don't know whether it came out of a calibra or not, i thought it said on the ebay listing but it doesn't

im pretty sure its for the injectors as at the mo the only thing connecting them to the loom is a red and black wire, or is thats all thats needed?

Lee
31-08-09, 12:07 AM
There should be a long solid box section in the loom which clips over the injectors. It should have some earth wires and the wires for the knock sensor and the TPS coming out of it.

Ernie
31-08-09, 07:29 AM
If its from and astra gsi they had t/c which was a unit under the inlet manifold.
Just an idear.

Jon_nova1
31-08-09, 10:12 AM
hmm, will see how it runs without it connected, as i've just found another plug! (which it doesn't go to) which doesn't exist on the microsoft paint image in the how to, this plug is female and it comes out under the inlet manifold, which can be assumed to be TC:roll:

Benn
31-08-09, 10:13 AM
TPS?

off topic

when running dispak do you still have a amplifier? fired the loom into a corsa today and im left with a big plug??

Yes.

Benn
31-08-09, 10:15 AM

Jon_nova1
31-08-09, 10:17 AM
As above, i found another plug (female) going to just under the inlet manifold which isn't shown in the how to thats to be assumed as being traction control

took the black block of this morning, it goes straight through the black block apart from a brown/blue and red/brown? which just appears to go around the inlet manifold then back into the black block through a hole between the third and fourth injector

Jon_nova1
31-08-09, 05:51 PM
ok, done abit more looking...

the majority of the wires go to another unused connector (that sits right next to the bung)

I have left

coming from the ecu

brown/red (pin 9 - Signal lead, odometer frequency sensor)
brown/white (pin 13 - Diagnostic plug terminal B, X13, not needed)
greenx2 (assumed to be tacho signal)

from the throttle position sensor

brown/yellow (not needed, for use with traction control)
brown/blue x2 one of these could go to the fuel pump vent valve

from a plug that goes to the fuel vent valve

red/blue (pin 24 - Ground for final stages, controlled canister purge valve (fuel tank vent valve), engine telltale, idle speed adjuster, fuel pump relay)

brown/blue ( pin5 - Ground pulse, controlled canister purge valve (fuel tank vent valve) but the colours don't match and go to brown/white, it could go to tps?)<----I need help/confirmation with this

updated as i find out

Lee
31-08-09, 11:20 PM
It sounds to me you're getting in a flap about nothing pal. Wire up the engine and try and fire it.

Worry about the unused stuff if it wont run!

napalm_27
01-09-09, 02:38 AM
air intake sensor plug?

Benn
01-09-09, 08:00 AM
air intake sensor plug?

Nah thats a small 2pin plug.

Jon_nova1
01-09-09, 02:14 PM
ok, will wait for the ecu to get here, would just rather have the wiring all right rather than bodge it/have stuff missing

Its only the brown/blue that need solving now which i think go to the tps so will connect it and see what difference it makes

repped for your patience though guys lol

Jon_nova1
02-09-09, 08:51 PM
Edit, i've got the fuel lines the wrong way!

Jon_nova1
03-09-09, 07:42 PM
All done, the engines running, its got an idling problem and doesn't like to be accelerated hard, i guess this is due to not having any bolts to hold the sfi box down though and letting air in lol