PDA

View Full Version : Spectacular Show.......

TeddySRi
03-03-03, 11:08 AM
Had a spectacular show on Saturday.

Hadnt had the Nova out for few days took it to mig rolling road day but didnt put it on because the car didnt feel right. Thought I would have a look sunday.

Saturday evening on the way back from helping a mate with a 1.6 16v in his nova on the dual carrageway, spot a "maxed" golf gti 16v mk2. thought i would have a play, anyway he sees me coming and goes for it so i gave chase, he moves over and im passing him, as im about 2 car lengths in front now i look in my rear view mirror..............

and i have filled the dual carrageway with white smoke. so i limp the car home and access the damage, two blown hoses plus head gasket.

Nice, car is now it bits outside my house.

Going to look at a nova gsi tonight to use as a runabout so i can strip and give the SRi a complete overhaul. With the mods the car has had i suppose i have pushed the engine to its limit power wise so it should have really been expected to have problems.

Aragorn
03-03-03, 11:39 AM
soounds like a head gasket fail

prolly not so much to do with your mods as just the age of the engine

its prolly never been done

and if you buying a GSi why not keep it? and transfer any of the good stuff over onto it??

TeddySRi
03-03-03, 11:48 AM
Ive spent alot on the SRi, its running a nice amount of Bhp and looks good, plus i see alot of GSi's anyway.

The mods havent affected it directly and should have been done when the rest of the internal work was done.

The engine is at it limit with forged pistons etc.....so i did half expect something to happen!!!

The GSi im looking it is clean, but it will only be my runabout.

mikeoxford
03-03-03, 02:33 PM
dont tell me about problems with tuning!

just about had it with mine

LOL im havin a bad day, ill say completely the opposite 2moro.

TeddySRi
03-03-03, 02:55 PM
Tell me about it mike.

The SRi has just come together engine wise running approx 120bhp, it was amazing i loved it to bits, had a big grin on my face as a literally went tanking past this golf gti 16v.

then bang!!

Oh well, it does give me the chance to play with a new wilder cam maybe change the pistons and do some more silly stuff to it. its not going to be my daily driver anymore so that should help!!!

jatinder
04-03-03, 10:25 PM
what mods have u done to ur engine teddy coz at the moment all ive got is an k&N and a exhaust system thinking bout a cam next

mikeoxford
05-03-03, 12:09 AM
what mods have u done to ur engine teddy coz at the moment all ive got is an k&N and a exhaust system thinking bout a cam next

jatinder mate yours is quite high mileage ent it? (NO OFFENCE!)

before you go for high performance mods you want to make sure you have a strong engine, so id spend money on that before thinking about a cam.

a stronger, and rebuit engine will out perform any 10 year old car, thats obvious.