PDA

View Full Version : No Power!!!

NovaCruiser
03-03-03, 11:01 AM
Hiya

After traveling about 4 miles on the dual carrigeway i put my foot down on the accelerator in 5th and no real response, i drop into 4th and the same happens, each time I put my foot on the clutch the revs go real low until it stalls (on the dual carrigeway!!!!), the car goes real badly jerky. After stopping on the hard shoulder when I start up again the engine sounds real rough, like pop pop pop pop. Then seems to go ok for a minute, until it happens again!

I've recently had my head gasket done, all was done correctly. But I was told to get a new air filter. This problem started after I fitted the pipercross air filter. I've done everything correctly and had my emisiions checked so that it is even with the amount of air going in. Ive bloked off the small pipe thats sucks air in, the thing is though when this problem happens i unblok the small pipe and the cars seems to go ok again, this may well be luck though I don't know. I gonna take the pipecross off in a min and wack on the old box.

(oh yeah its a 1.3SR mk1)

Any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers

TeddySRi
03-03-03, 11:32 AM
if you have a bolt on filter, put the original one back on because these let in to much cold air when travelling down dual carrageway's motorways etc.

The Carb frezzes hence the lack of power. If you really want to keep your filter you will need to invest in a hot air feed kit, to keep the carb warm enough to fuction.

NovaCruiser
03-03-03, 01:09 PM
that sounds like a good explaination to me. I foned up the place for a refund on it and they just laughed at me coz I gave them that explaination!

Euan
03-03-03, 01:48 PM
dont think u should block up the big pipe u have (crankcase breather)

fit a breather filter to it.

mikeoxford
03-03-03, 02:19 PM
dont think u should block up the big pipe u have (crankcase breather)

fit a breather filter to it.

:o

correct

u dont wanna do that

u can block the smaller one up

NovaCruiser
03-03-03, 02:32 PM
the big pipe has got a breather on it, it was the smaller pipe that I unbloked.