PDA

View Full Version : With the vectra 2.5 pump overfuel the XE?

ST-eater
29-08-09, 03:03 PM
Hi, ive got overfuling problems, which i thought i had solved but obviously not lol...

We have fitted the fuel pump from the 2.5 vectra v6 (internal pump) and the car is overfueling, and refuses to start after its ran, as its flooded itself.

We have the 3bar blue injectors and rail (came with the engine)...

I have another pump here, slightly smaller one believed to be from the 2.0 cavi.

I was told to change the pump, which i will do if needed, but surely the rail only injects the amount of fuel needed and then the fuel thats not used by the engine is sent back into the tank :s

Can anyone clear this up for me please..

General Baxter
29-08-09, 03:15 PM
is it flashing any codes up ?

ST-eater
29-08-09, 03:24 PM
is it flashing any codes up ?

Lol no, were running without any dash at the min due to buying a digi dash, and the chap had some trouble with a break in at his unit, so im waiting for him to get hold of one for me....

Its a nightmare..

I havent got a lamba with the exhaust system, and looking at pin 20 to earth it out as i was told to do previously there isnt a pin (in the loom)... However i have a wire which is pin 10, and this is loose near the rail... Looking into the pin numbers it looks that this could be something to do with the lamba.

Ive tried earthing that, but it hasnt made any difference to it.

General Baxter
29-08-09, 03:26 PM
I havent got a lamba with the exhaust system,

your going to need one then :thumb:

ST-eater
29-08-09, 03:34 PM
Is there a way of getting around the lamba? Basically to cut the story short the engine is in a fiat seicento. so i cant remove the manifold to drill into it and fit one... and i need it running for the weekend as its supposed to be at trax...

We have had the car running today, and managed to bleed all the water system, yet it was wanting to fast idle. Then when we turned off and tried to restart, it refused... down to flooding grr....

i have a smaller pump, but not sure if that would make ANY difference.

General Baxter
29-08-09, 03:42 PM
if the ecu wants a lamba its going to need one simple

ST-eater
29-08-09, 03:45 PM
if the ecu wants a lamba its going to need one simple

My xe nova didnt run a lamba and that was fine. I was using the same ECU (early FP 2.5 motronic)

I was under the impression if the lamba was faulty or not detected the ecu will run a stored map of some description.

I also read that you can trick the ecu into thinking there is a lamba there.

I know the very early looms dont come with a lamba connection on (as my previous nova didnt)...

This engine is the same as the last, yet i have a newer loom me thinks.. the engine is still the early dizzy XE

ST-eater
29-08-09, 03:48 PM
http://www.migweb.co.uk/forums/engines-transmission/166221-lambda-sensor-bypass-c20xe.html

this is what i meant, but i dont have a wire in pin20 on my ecu... id it a case of soldering one in?

ST-eater
29-08-09, 04:00 PM
http://www.migweb.co.uk/forums/other-mechanical-electrical/323152-c20xe-ecu-wiring-diagram.html
any ideas if its pin 10 or 28 that needs earthing out

ST-eater
30-08-09, 02:05 PM
Tried a new 2.5 fuel rail and reg and its still overfueling.

General Baxter
30-08-09, 02:06 PM
it will be, you just cant tell the ecu to **** the o2 sensors off,

General Baxter
30-08-09, 02:09 PM
i say wire up a ecu light then flash the codes,

its simple lol

on the vauxhall loom
brown/blue put this to a 12v 5watt bulb and earth the ether side
brown/yellow put this to earth and the bulb will flash :)

Rich
30-08-09, 03:18 PM
You say you have no pin 20, is that in the plug? You need to put a pin in the plug and then just earth it.

Did this in my astra instead of buying an o2 sensor, never ran right still so just bought an o2 sensor. The car will run alot better, thats why they were fitted!