PDA

View Full Version : Work involved in 1.0 conversion

jpga
28-08-09, 09:53 PM
hi guys query for you looking at a 1.0 spin as i want a project ...
had a look round and generally i would want to put a baby xe in mainly becuase i thought it would be a fairly straight foward and my mate has one:d and it looks like once i have the engine loom and ignition etc im going to need

a fuel tank/pump will i need this for say a 1.4 ecotec will it have to be a gte/gsi tank and pump?

driveshafts is it a straight swap off the corsa or do i have to mix and match

enginemouts correct? gearbox mount/linkage ?

so aside the shell stripping process repairs etc basically im looking for any pointers what you guys would warn me about bfore i jump in

thanks for the help in advance lads

AlexW
28-08-09, 10:07 PM
Sorry to be a cock but, this has come up SOOOO offen its unbeliveable.

If its a X14XE then i know all about them :(

Your best off with a GTE/GSI tank and any external MPI pump.

Use nova shafts, standard nova gearbox mounts and linkages. Your need to find a 1.2 and upwards engine mount as the 1.0 is different.

Nowt else to think about, the wiring is easy as long as your not colour blind.

Shame your not closer.

jpga
28-08-09, 10:16 PM
Sorry to be a cock but, this has come up SOOOO offen its unbeliveable.

If its a X14XE then i know all about them :(

Your best off with a GTE/GSI tank and any external MPI pump.

Use nova shafts, standard nova gearbox mounts and linkages. Your need to find a 1.2 and upwards engine mount as the 1.0 is different.

Nowt else to think about, the wiring is easy as long as your not colour blind.

Shame your not closer.

its ok mate as i say i searched and found alot of good info just wanted a clear answer checked out yours and jays threads top info!

yep didnt know about the engine mount ?

thank for the info mate apreciate it :thumb:

AlexW
28-08-09, 10:24 PM
As far as i can remember theres nothing else worth mentioning. Altho a 1.2 spi is a easyer conversion lol

saloon3
29-08-09, 04:30 PM
also need radiator and all hoses from 1.2

AlexW
29-08-09, 07:58 PM
half right, your need a 1.2 and up rad and your need a GTE/GSI bottom hose and a corsa top hose.

Southie
29-08-09, 08:51 PM
Your will also need a tranducer/speed sensor from either a 1.2spi or a digi dash otherwise it will stall when pressing the clutch. There built into the dash loom on corsa but you'll need as above as the corsa one don't work.