PDA

View Full Version : Engine running mint but then...... no oil :S

Will
03-03-03, 12:41 AM
was driving the car today and went to the mk meet, all was good it was running sweetly, then ragged it home to uni, pull up and cam is ticking a lot on idle, i think oh shit.

Pop bonnet check oil and theres a tiny bit on the stick hardly anything, i hope there was enough to circulate the engine otherwise it cant have done it any good :( ?!

Gona fill it up 2morro.... but the car has only done 3500 on this oil, i do drive it hard on occasions but is it really expected to lose all that oil by doing so or have i got a leak somewhere do you think? :S

HELP!!

Will

Chris LR
03-03-03, 12:46 AM
Have u noticed any nasty blue smoke from the rear end? If the oil you used was too thin it could have been burned up.

It could be a leak, noticed any patches where you've parked it?

CP
03-03-03, 08:51 AM
Re-check the oil level cold - if it still showing on the dipstick you will be OK.
In older cars check the oil weekly, they do you use oil - the harder you drive it the more you need to keep an eye. Hard driving often causes oil to be thrown out the oil breather. Have a look underneath and makes sure sump bolts are all still in etc - keep an eye out for leaks generally. Check where you park after a hard drive for puddles of oil to help find where it maybe coming from.

Jim
03-03-03, 07:42 PM
Yes, you do rag it hard :P

Will - :twisted:

Will's engine - :cry:

I check my oil every week. I sometimes get a couple of drops on the garage floor, but it's nothing major, something to do with the dodgy engine that i bought ;) (kidding CP).

Keep your eye on it Will and perhaps go easy for a bit. See if it still loses as much oil.

Jim

mikeoxford
04-03-03, 07:00 PM
:roll: think theres an oil eating monster on the loose at MK as exactly similar problem for me!

i was on min section though, but i filled it to JUST beyond max before hand :|

ne way

engine is apart again for carb rebuild, rejet and chokes / ram pipes so itll get sorted

fcukin thing! LOL

once everythings finnished and sound then i guess you apreciate it :oops: i hope!!! :lol: