PDA

View Full Version : Car Junkies Sun BBC2 Bad IMAGE :(

whitey
02-03-03, 08:48 PM
N e one see the proggie on Sunday at 8pm BBC 2! ?

Called Car Junkies! Really gives us all a good name since you see novas bein robbed and ragged!

What does everyone feel bout this negative publicity! Yes it is TRUE, there is some wankers which rag novas and the other cars shown but i didnt hear them say once that some people take their cars like these seriously!

Tazzy
02-03-03, 11:06 PM
they wouldnt, everyone likes to have digs at us and throw us all in one group!

'young drivers' to them, all us young/new drivers are the same, illegal street racers who make lots of noise and annoy every other road user!

Chris LR
02-03-03, 11:18 PM
Yeah but theres is a certain amout of Nova Drivers that are like that.

What are you going to remember, A Nova Cutting you up? or a Nova driving alongside you?

MattNovaSport
03-03-03, 11:02 AM
I think it is unfair to generalise about a group of people purely on the actions of one or two mad individuals.

I also ride a motorbike and find I recieve the same attitude from people that I am being "anti-socal" because of what I choose to ride.

What we all need to do it reduce the number of silly deaths caused by those few mad individuals as it gives us all a bad name.

You cannot sit back and say it was not me guv as we all know that at some of these meetings this sort of behavior is actively encouraged by the crowd.

ade
03-03-03, 02:20 PM
lol - it made me laugh - you just know a prog like that would finish with a cruise and the waqy young "youths" thrash about.

Pretty scarey on that estate though (did you cliock the 2 novas getting tanked about and the pug 205).

They did kind of pick a pretty hairy cruise too - got to admit it painted a pretty sh1tty picture

Interesting prog - shame about the end.

Next weeks should be interesting

Ade

Chris LR
03-03-03, 03:57 PM
I look at it like this,

There are roughly 1/4 Million Nova's on the roads of the UK.

You could say that half of those are driven by granny's, the other half by young people. 125,000 Nova's in the hands of..........

Freak
03-03-03, 04:08 PM
Its true tho.
Novas are so cheap now- a large proportion are driven by nobs (even some people from this site drive like tools).

Chris LR
03-03-03, 04:17 PM
If you look around all college car parks, what do you see?

Wolvo has rougly 10-15 Nova's, they all park together - facing the same way. I just hid mine in the staff cars becasue they had security watching over them.

whitey
03-03-03, 07:41 PM
I have NEVER seen that type of behaviour at a cruise as shown on the TV!

Yeah i seen donuts and burnouts at an organised event but not on a road! I mean can you imagine the outrage and number of complaints if that proggie was based on grannys driving like idiots and doing stupid things!?

GTE-RACER
04-03-03, 10:22 PM
fuck....missed it grrrrrrrr