PDA

View Full Version : Why is there a gap between my bumper and grille!!!

redbristolnova
02-03-03, 08:22 PM
I bought a SR front bumper to go on my 1.4 SR as I wanted a smooth one.

My old front bumper just cliped on to the original metal bar. My new one had the metal bar built in to it and when I fitted it there is a large gap between the bumper and the grille.
Can this be fixed and why is this? "help me"

mikeoxford
02-03-03, 10:28 PM
have you got two bolts in each carriage bar iron and also two bolts in rubber blocks on the wings?

what i did was literally fit the bumper on loosely, jack it up using a trolley jack, almost to extent car was lifting!

and then nip up the bolts all tight, got a sweet fitting now, but before TBH it was terrible and i had huge gap, you could clearly see all the pegs from the grille etc

Chris LR
02-03-03, 10:32 PM
Is it about a 1 cm gap? Does the gap appear around the side, on the wings too?

Alex
03-03-03, 01:16 PM
mine has a gap since my mum reversed into my car :( . A blocks under the wing which you are meant to bolt the bumper to the car is broken which i think is the reason

ade
03-03-03, 02:31 PM
U got a pic?

My GSi bumper on my mk2 seems to drop a little on the sides and there is a slight gap under the lights - just under 1cm but the centre of the grill to bumper is completely closed gap wise. I think its just the way the bumper sits with the grill.

There maybe a way of adjusting the carriage - need a pic to see though

Ade

Ben (lurk75)
03-03-03, 05:18 PM
Hello there Bristol boy.

Whereabouts you based? Nice to see another one on here.

Chris LR
03-03-03, 05:31 PM
My Car has have 3 frontal crashes, I'm suprised it's still square enough for a bumper to fit. A 1cm gap doesn't really bother me.

Alex
03-03-03, 05:53 PM
Mine does as the grill pops out of where it should be secured under the lights :(

Chris LR
03-03-03, 06:38 PM
O yeah mine does that too, Still doesn't bother me.

Wiggie
06-03-03, 03:37 PM
Hello there Bristol boy.

is there anyone else from bristol on ere?