PDA

View Full Version : Help on front bumper which shud i choose

nova dosed
02-03-03, 02:09 PM
Hi all

Im kinda stuck here and need some sort of direction to go in. Im after a new front bumper as sum1 rolled into mine not damaged the car just split the bumper :( but there goin to give me cash for it so i thought of buying either a gsi front bumper (as i have an sr) or going for sumet completely different. Im shite with body work so donr suggest modding one.
My ideal one wud have fogs or driving lights in it and not going to be ott like the kingdom style front bumper thats not good for me.
Sumet like the novadose one or magnam although that looks like a xr2i.

So pleeze put on ya thinking caps and make some suggestions pics wud be usfull as well.

Cheers

jon

ade
02-03-03, 03:19 PM
Why not get a GSi one and fit spots in it - its v v easy to do - just a couple of wires, a relay and a little modding of the bumper.

The bumpers lower so will look good and with a splitter will look the business!

GSi bumpers are about ?120 new or cheaper from scrappy/ sales section on NL or from links.
Here's my car from 1.2 features section with customer bumper spots - v discreet and look well smart when lit up.

http://www.novaload.net/images/car_images/485big2.jpg

http://www.novaload.net/images/car_images/485big3.jpg

I've got full pics ref fitting and Mikes Nova-land site has a complete wiring diagram to fit a proper nova fog switch to the dash!

Tazzy
02-03-03, 03:50 PM
imo, the bumpers look better when they match, different bumpers look tacky!

what about the standard mk2 rear bumper (same as GSi i think) with the kingdom developments big mouth front bumper? its just bigger, like sticking a cordoba splitter onto a GSi bumper! :wink:

nova dosed
02-03-03, 07:19 PM
it might be easy but thats why i said dont suggest modding a bumper as im pretty dam crap at it well body work any way. I cut out 2 holes in me sr bumper to find that the fogs were too long and now i have holes there i wud prefer to buy one already done and one that i dont have to cut any of me car awya like the valence thing.

mikeoxford
02-03-03, 10:30 PM
u kittin' it up or keepin standard look?

nova dosed
03-03-03, 06:02 PM
thats it not sure i dont wnt to go OTT but im prob looking at front and rear bumpr and side skirts oh ill need a bonnet vent now as well but dont ask long story.

mikeoxford
04-03-03, 07:23 PM
thats it not sure i dont wnt to go OTT but im prob looking at front and rear bumpr and side skirts oh ill need a bonnet vent now as well but dont ask long story.

you buy a k&n that was too tall and it left dimples in your bonnet? :lol: weve all done it - well i aint LOL

you need to decide subtle or modded first.............

nova dosed
04-03-03, 10:40 PM
cheers mike i look a complete twat now. It wasnt the k and n been too tall it was the webber carb i put on not good

ade
05-03-03, 12:24 AM
oops!

Check this out - full kit - primed and ready to fit - not a bad one too ()novadose kit)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2406013436&category=14766

only ?100 at the mo

Ade