PDA

View Full Version : My Y2K1 project

Anonymous
08-12-00, 12:17 PM
Y2K1 is under way and I am hoping you guys can give me some inspiration as to what I can do with my car.
I dont really want to touch the engine because of insurance, but want to concentrate on looks.
I'm getting fox1 alloys, and I've got some custom made side skirts waiting for some decent weather to be put on.
Then I've got a sound system, clear rear clusters, gsi face lift....what else can you guys think off that I can do?!
Its a GTE model basically with a few secrets under its bonnet, money isnt a problem, but I dont want a big bodykit, because I want to be able to cruise not spend all evening blagging it to the pigs.
Any small details, or large, I have a budget of ?150 a month to spend.?200 max.
Cheerz guys!

Anonymous
08-12-00, 01:14 PM
I'd get your car lowered, colour code your side skirts and bumbers etc. Maybe consider a Laguna splitter?
Try tinkering under the bonnet with parts that can't be identified as performance, that way your insurance company doesn't need to know :)
Good luck mate.

Anonymous
08-12-00, 01:30 PM
I got some decent mats from motorworld, they have white stiching and a silver kick plate on the drivers side mat, they were about ?20 but look more exppensive, they tidy up the interior quite nicely.

Anonymous
08-12-00, 01:35 PM
dont get fox 1's sorry m8 but they are so shit, get the fox 6's well nice but it is your choice

Anonymous
08-12-00, 01:53 PM
consider a Laguna splitter then wait 3 million years before you can get your hands on one !!!

Anonymous
08-12-00, 02:06 PM
Its already colour coded, lowered 45mm.

Anonymous
09-12-00, 12:30 PM
get one of those mondeo boot spoilers, Ive seen them attached to GTE spoilers as well as GSi spoilers!- try getting some rear discs, they look trick, but its a bit costly. Fox1s are a good idea, my mates got them on his but with no other mods, and it still looks cool!- tre a rear diffuser, only go for a standard cars front valance or rear valance, dont however fit a stoopidly hooj scooby vent on, go for a monterey one, its more slab sided and dont look like a whitehead on the nova.