PDA

View Full Version : Fuse keeps blowing in Nova? Kind of urgent.

Leeboo
24-08-09, 05:58 PM
As the title suggests, the fuse that covers cd player, dash clocks etc keeps blowing? I was on my way home from work there and it blew. So, I put in another fuse (of the same rating), and it blew as soon as I turned on the ignition? Iirc its no.18 fuse.

Car starts and runs fine, its just this fuse.

Why is it blowing? Shorting or something? I wasn't fiddling at wires, it just happened.

Appreciation and rep given

let_nova
24-08-09, 06:02 PM
try checking the stereo wires at the back sometimes with bumps if theres poor wiring these can fault.

let_nova
24-08-09, 06:03 PM
also try unplugging the iso harness for the stereo and see if it still does it.

Leeboo
24-08-09, 06:11 PM
Thanks mate I will try that now! Hope I have enough fuse lying about to blow lol .

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to let_nova again." :wtf:

let_nova
24-08-09, 06:12 PM
in my old nova if it blew i would just put a bigger fuse in lol. even wedged a bit of speaker wire in to get me home one night lol

nova_saloon
24-08-09, 06:28 PM
mine did this for a while it blew every so often and then it just stopped doing it, could just be a dodgey earth or a surge from somewhere

Leeboo
24-08-09, 09:20 PM
Well I went out and disconnected the ISO connector for the headunit, threw a fuse in and the fuse didn't blow. So I reconnected the headunit and it ddin't blow then either. So everythings back to normal :wtf: , keeping a few spare fuses in the car though lol .

Thanks boys!