PDA

View Full Version : removing window windy handels?

Wiggie
01-03-03, 09:08 PM
has ay one ever removed the window handels, ifso can you give me some guidence of what im in for?

Chers, Wiggie

Anton
01-03-03, 09:16 PM
theres a little metal clip thing like a paper clip, that you need to prise out with a screw driver - can be a bit annoying

Chris LR
01-03-03, 09:19 PM
2 more ways, I've done both

Use very thin wire and bend it into a hook.

Cut it off and buy a new (2nd hand) one

Alex
02-03-03, 12:27 PM
just push it off with a screwdriver and then go and pick it up from where it has pinged off to :lol:

mark_GSi
02-03-03, 01:45 PM
yup, dun that few times, ur like, uuummmm i heard it drop over there so it must be there sum where :lol:

ade
02-03-03, 02:54 PM
lol.

Haynes is pretty good at showing you. the clip itself lives between the mandle and the plastic round mounting thats flush wuith the door card. Force this back with a screwdriver, then with another smaller flat headed one prise the C clip out. (ref 12.6 Bodywork - pic on bottom left of page)

Ade
:wink:

Tazzy
02-03-03, 04:12 PM
lol, i done that, i used a screwdriver to pop the clips off, then it took me a few months to find where they went, i only found them when i decided to give the car the best clean ever! but now i cant get the clips to bend back onto the handle boss' so now i still cant wind down the window! lol

mikeoxford
02-03-03, 09:37 PM
lol, i done that, i used a screwdriver to pop the clips off, then it took me a few months to find where they went, i only found them when i decided to give the car the best clean ever! but now i cant get the clips to bend back onto the handle boss' so now i still cant wind down the window! lol

andy mate if ur still after some

knowing how local you are ill pop down, i got about 5 sets of winders LOL

RobHardyUK
02-03-03, 10:37 PM
I actually had mine done today, well the lads had to take me handle off cos me window thing broke, the metal bar that makes the window go up and down bent... they were all saying its gay to get off, but they did it eventually no probs, with 2 screwdrivers

Tazzy
02-03-03, 11:14 PM
lol Mike, i have the winders and both clips, i just cant get the little f*ckers back on the boss!

mikeoxford
03-03-03, 02:21 PM
just give em a good shove! or fone us n ill come down

show em me big fist :lol: