PDA

View Full Version : What Car Magazines Does Everyone Buy?

Tazzy
01-03-03, 06:37 PM
Just wondering really, ive bought Max Power for quite a few years now, but im getting board of it, but when i see it on the rack, i just have to buy it! the only good thing about MP is MPLive at the NEC, absolte madness!

i also buy Total Vauxhall, evrything i need to know about my favourite manufacturers Vauxy, or my favourite car Novas, its in there! (hobviously!)

ive started buying Revs as well over the past few issues for the F&F2 reveiw, but i aint keen on that as its a cheap grot mag!

so i get the car info and latest Vauxy products from TV and the whole cruise scene, latest info on our 'sub culture' and latest car mods from MP and Revs for the F&F2 reveiw! lol

wisewood
01-03-03, 06:40 PM
None.
Every now and then i will buy TV but not very often.

RobHardyUK
01-03-03, 06:47 PM
I don't buy that many myself, but i sometimes buy Autocar. If I buy a modding magazine it's normally Max Power aswell for all the blonde tarts :D

Fester
01-03-03, 06:57 PM
TV sometimes but the rest are now well shit

CCC, AutoSport usually

Dan
01-03-03, 07:27 PM
i only buy one if one of the lads has got a feature really, as everyone else says they are all pretty crap now. Only thing i really buy is the motorsport news lol

Anton
01-03-03, 07:57 PM
Most of them have euro or american cars in now :cry:

locky
01-03-03, 07:58 PM
Bass test cd! i better get that!
I buy Total vauxhall, but if im after some bits n bobs il get maxpower or fast car!

Tazzy
01-03-03, 09:08 PM
i might this months redline, does anyone know if its any good?

bfuller
01-03-03, 11:42 PM
a word of warning, this months lax power is utter shite

Benson
02-03-03, 12:03 AM
I've always bought Maxy P but now I get Total Vauxhall as it's more engine orientated! (That was a bloody big word for 12.02 in the morning!!)

Tazzy
02-03-03, 01:03 AM
ive already bought MP, and yes, its getting more cr*p every issue, yet the price is goin up, theres too many adverts and the quality is rubbish, im goin to buy TV and revs on monday!

Fester
02-03-03, 01:36 AM
i stopped buyin it a couple of years ago as well (pretty much when i started drving) its sooooo crap

if you look at the revs staff list theyre all ex-MP :?

Revs used to be well good, aimed at the everyday type people, doing their own work etc, then that Howell guy became editor. Now I dont know whether he was brought in with the management decison to increase circulation, and if he has well well done, i suppose hes done his job. But Revs totally alienated the original readership and a lot of the original staff fucked off as well, probably none-too-happy with the new format and intended audience (15 year old wankers, literally)

?Marty?
02-03-03, 03:44 AM
I have been buying Max Power, Revs, Fast Car and Redline for years now. Thugh they're all pretty crap, and have been so for years, but i still buy them just to flick through.

Bought Total Vauxhall for half a year, but i find it too boring, so don't bother anymore.

Nova-Flair
02-03-03, 02:02 PM
used to buy max power all the time then it turned crappy and pricey so i went on to revs for a bit and decided that was going down the same route that max power went

now i dont bother with any of them apart from the odd issue of total vauxhall.

most of the stuff i need is on the net n e way so its a waste of money buying mags.

Tazzy
02-03-03, 02:10 PM
MP and re3vs are owned by the same publishing company, thats why everyhting that features in MP is in revs, and thats why they advertise each other, as well as ex-MP-staff working for revs, lol!

i hate fc, dirty old pervs, they are worst than MP, and redline havent got a clue, the staff and feature wirters are too childish to write anything decent!