PDA

View Full Version : steering wheel postion after fitting revolution seats.

novaboyopr
23-08-09, 08:44 PM
:thumb: hi
i have just fitted some revolutions into my nova, got the floor rails welded in and the drivers seat as close as possible to the tunnel (touching) the seat is in line with the pedals and is in a comfy postion but the steering wheel is so out the passanger might aswell drive the thing. i know the nova is bad for this but iirc when i had my old buckets mounted on the nova rails it was no where near as obvious. Was wondering if anyone has a good way of making the wheel sit abit more straigher to the driver.
was thinking about cutting a square out of the tunnel like you have to do on the 205 to fit buckets so i could move the whole seat over abit, but then this will effect the pedals.
any help whould be great!

MK999
23-08-09, 09:04 PM
My drivers side is twisted so it faces the wheel, and is fine? also, passenger may as well be driving? The wheel points to the O/S?!

Rich
23-08-09, 09:06 PM
The steering colum angle is really bad, is the nova subframe angled slightly? May be why it wasnt so bad with buckets on standard frames. I put my buckets in mine not long ago and angle is terrible!

novaboyopr
23-08-09, 09:07 PM
figure of speach my friend. lol i cant twist the revolution any more otherwise the ears hit the window. stuck between a rock and a hard place. tbh the cutting of the tunnel seems the best plan, ive seen quite a few people just lengthen the rack aswell.

AlexW
23-08-09, 09:44 PM
The collum move/relocation would be best.

novaboyopr
23-08-09, 09:50 PM
would i have to cut the dash though which could look gash and be more work in the long run??

Iain
23-08-09, 11:14 PM
I've just tackled this in my Nova with two Corbeau Revolution XL seats - hardly any room to fine tune the position due to the width!

I angled the drivers side in slightly so it's roughly in line with the pedals and straightened the column using Corsa items. However it means fabricating new column mounts, may need to be coupled with Corsa brake setup to make the room, and may not fit with a standard dash.

novaboyopr
23-08-09, 11:43 PM
thats what mine is at the moment but no more room left and still miles from where i would like. did you just swap all the corsa stuff straight over onto the nova. might try this way or cutting tunnel and re-shaping the pedals closer in to, would like to keep the dash as its flocked and looks so nice with it in place, trial and error comes into mind.

Iain
24-08-09, 10:02 AM
Here's how I mounted the Corsa column: http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1301012&postcount=555

Suppose there's always floor mounted pedal boxes if you don't want to move the column/change the dash?

MARTIN KELSON
24-08-09, 07:17 PM
hI

I cut a section out of the tunnel then re-boxed it so we could move seat further towards centre, also before i welded the bars across we put tem a slight angle so you are straighter inline with the wheel.

Did have some pics but accidently deleted them before i put them onto computer, sorry.

Martin