PDA

View Full Version : Nova hanes manual's

Cle
23-08-09, 11:27 AM
I have two a green one and a light blue one, i have only every seen green ones before, is the blue one rare ??

Also have some spot light mounts for a mk1 brand new still in original box, are these also rare ??

craig green
23-08-09, 11:38 AM
Blue is the original issue, Green one has more info about later models but doesnt have the full gearbox stripdown amongst othet things.

BLUE FTW

AlexW
23-08-09, 12:05 PM
As above, blue ones arnt rare though.

Blue one is helpful with more pics and the like.

Cle
23-08-09, 12:13 PM
ok and what about the spotlight brackets are they rare ? iirc they were bought in 1997

Jack
23-08-09, 12:13 PM
Blue has all the Mk2 stuff in the back as well though?

I've a feeling there's two blue issues as I seem to recall Mike having different info on corresponding pages to mine.

Spotlight brackets would probably be rare yes, but as to whether or not they have any value... unlikely. lol

AlexW
23-08-09, 01:15 PM
My blue one is just early mk1.

pikey1986
23-08-09, 01:27 PM
this might sound daft but is their a manule that just covers the gte engine or would i just need one that covers early modles?

paul james
23-08-09, 01:40 PM
Blue has all the Mk2 stuff in the back as well though?

I've a feeling there's two blue issues as I seem to recall Mike having different info on corresponding pages to mine.

Spotlight brackets would probably be rare yes, but as to whether or not they have any value... unlikely. lol

There are indeed at least two versions of the blue manual, with varying amounts of later model info. Theres also another early haynes one which has a white cover and is Vauxhall branded.

Theres two versions of the green manual, one has an SR on the cover, the other has a basic model. The green ones aren't as good, they don't feature any extra useful content, the pictures inside are all much smaller as everything is squished up to use less pages, even the paper is thinner and lower quality.

craig green
23-08-09, 03:06 PM
even the paper is thinner and lower quality.

What I was thinking. Green ones are often seen falling to bits.