PDA

View Full Version : gearbox cluster

Jonezy
23-08-09, 11:03 AM
Is it possible to change the cluster without taking out the gearbox? Cheers :thumb:

whitenovasaloon
23-08-09, 11:10 AM
Yes. but it takes some time and perseverance!

Remove the passenger side wheel, and drop the engine and gearbox from the mount nearest to the passenger wheel, and it can be removed through the space in the wheelarch if you get what i mean :confused:

Welsh Dan
23-08-09, 11:10 AM
Yes. Undo the bolts holding it in then tap the cast lugs on the box with a hammer to break the seal so you can withdraw it. It comes out with part of the casting:
http://www.xen0phobiak.f2s.com/novaload/forsale/cluster.jpg

offplot
23-08-09, 11:11 AM
Yes if you have clearence on the inner wing.

whitenovasaloon
23-08-09, 11:13 AM
i had clearance. the box was F13 (dont know if that makes a difference). and with comp engine mountings. So with normal mounts surely it would drop further giving more clearance.

mowgli
23-08-09, 03:53 PM
Is it possible to change the cluster without taking out the gearbox? Cheers :thumb:

yes it is very easy. once you have broken the seal on the middle gasket..

remember to drain it first.

if you are swapping a cluster, remember to swap the diff gear over. mine needed a puller to get it off.

alan b
24-08-09, 03:11 PM
when that washer falls out does it just go on that shaft? before or after the gear?

Stuart
24-08-09, 03:34 PM
between the gearbox housing and the gear (so slide it back onto the D shaped chaft. apply some grease to hold it in palce too)