PDA

View Full Version : digi dash speedo not working!!!

speedyd
22-08-09, 08:54 PM
i have followed the guide of the three wires but it still doesnt work? why?
someone please help!!:roll:

Jon_nova1
24-08-09, 09:48 AM
because its broke, or you've done something wrong

Novaboi_1991
24-08-09, 01:12 PM
because its broke, or you've done something wrong

someones feeling sarcastic today...

Novaboi_1991
24-08-09, 01:15 PM
i have followed the guide of the three wires but it still doesnt work? why?
someone please help!!:roll:

3 wires? iirc from when i wired my digi in, all you need, is all the live's and earths connected, being as i have an SPI, i just snipped the red/grey on the transducer on my gearbox, then spliced the one from the digi wiring into that.

if not.. could be a busted transducer? check your wiring mate. i fooked mine a few times, got so pi55ed off of it, then went out one day, with a pair of wire cutters to take it out and a few little adjustments and it worked fine, must a scared it, lol

Jon_nova1
24-08-09, 10:09 PM
lol there isn't really enough information to go on, kind of needle in a haystack, the wiring could be wrong, the transducer could be faulty, the transducer may not be connected to the gearbox properly

all i can suggest is...

make sure the blue/red wire is going to the correct wire on the dash (blue/red)

Make sure the black wire is going to an ignition switched live (either in the back of the dash or one in the bay if you can find one) straight to the battery can be used to test it

make sure the brown is going to negative or decent earth (theres loads in the engine bay)

make sure the spindle in the transducer spins freely, maybe take a battery drill (not power drill) and use that to turn the spindle, if you get a reading, then its all fine, then just make sure its screwed into the box properly

speedyd
25-08-09, 06:20 PM
i have wired it up three times now. the transducer is brand new. maybe its my dash. i will try and put it in more to the gear box.