PDA

View Full Version : bigger throttle body on a 1.6??

mark_GSi
01-03-03, 01:30 PM
this there ne other car that has a bigger throttle body that will fit my 1600?? just want 2 try 2 get as much power out as poss :wink:

cheers

mark

mikeoxford
01-03-03, 04:31 PM
what other mods u got?

locky
01-03-03, 05:30 PM
What about the 2.0 8v throttle body? is that bigger? they look very similar!

novashed
01-03-03, 07:01 PM
i was also wondering about the throttle body being replaced with something bigger, what engine mods would require this sort of mod to be effective

_JH_
01-03-03, 11:18 PM
astra mk1 gte 1.8?? get your tape measure out and see.

mark_GSi
02-03-03, 12:46 PM
ive got a stage 4 head, cam, vernier pulley, rebuilt bottom end, group n clutch, 4 branch manifold, full zorst system, induction kit.

wot bout the black pipe that goes to the airflow meter??
if u put a bigger throotle body on would u need the pipe that goes 2 that (airflow meter)???

wot bout having the throttle body machine down so its thinner???

dont know 2 much bout this

also would u just swop the upper throttle housing for a bigger 1???

Stuart
02-03-03, 01:13 PM
with that setup i'd say T40's but hey

get a bigger throttle body, knife edge the butterfyl so its thin as possible.
the pipe work should be larger diameter than the TB, if not then just get larger bore stuff.

after that youll be wise to reset the ecu (unplug it for a few hours)

mark_GSi
02-03-03, 07:15 PM
ne idea which 1 would fit

me m8's got a cav SRI

wana do a few more mods that he dont know bout :lol:

booted it up d dual carriage way near me and he said he was strugglely 2 keep up :D :D

he did have 4 in d car, i had 2 :?

wana do him off de lights soon, ant raced him properly yet (need 2 sort brakes first)

techie
02-03-03, 08:40 PM
I should be getting my Vauxhall dealer sport manual very soon. Basically a book from Vauxhall telling you how to build a grp n or a spec rally Nova. Ordered it from Amazon. Includes how to build a 170bhp E16SE engine on standard ish injection. Ill read up for you and let you know.

Im in the process of building a E16SE (same as yours) to quite a high specification, have been told that XE injectors are the way to go...but ill let you know.

btw what four branch manifold and system do you have? How much and where from?

Cheers

Ross
(techie)

P.S Had a look at your engine bay today at MK (I turned up in my MK4 Astra), man after my own heart....:)

Fester
03-03-03, 12:29 AM
shit well reminded, im off to amazon now :)

CP
03-03-03, 09:16 AM
You may well find that just adding a larger TB and upgrading the injectors may give relatively disappointing results for the effort involved. The std intake manifold looks to me like it could benefit from being ported out a fair bit. The intake runners are long and narrow which would be good for torque but not so handy for higher revving and extra power - depends what you are after really. Also being long the runners are difficult to get in at it to flow out.
If you are able to find the dosh, I think you would do far better to fit a tuned induction manifold. Velos do one or you can get one made up to your own specs or make it yourself - see www.sdefi.com. This has the benefit of allowing changes to the runner length and dimensions plus as part of the process, the TB of your choice can have a suitable mounting bracket welded in.
Although pricey, you will benefit from getting an mappable ECU fitted (MBE/DTA/EMERALD) as well

mark_GSi
03-03-03, 07:26 PM
cheers m8ty, let me know, ive had the inlet manifold dun 2 match the head :lol:

got my 4 branch from PMC, got my full zorst system custom made from powerflow, took the CAT off 2 :lol: :lol:

not sopposed 2 but im friends with d mot tester (k reg 1992) :wink:

hopefully get it rolling roaded soon so ill let u know d results

hoping for around 120-125 bhp :wink:

just brought sum brakes 2day, 2.0ltr 16v off a cav :D

try and fit um next couple of weeks, got 2 strip um first

170bhp out of an 8v :o thats sum going!!!

wouldnt mind that :wink:

mark_GSi
03-03-03, 07:28 PM
i paid 300 quid for the system, with a decat pipe (had decat dun at a l8tr date)

think it was bout 150 for the manifold, cant remember m8ty, ill dig the reciept out for u and give you the part number :wink: