PDA

View Full Version : Gsi crank case breather

gregs
21-08-09, 10:47 PM
Hi quick qestion just got a Gsi with 32k on the clock, where abouts is the crankcase breather located?
I ask because pulling dipstick out its venting ALOT from there and oil filler cap and slight blue from exhaust.

jimbob-mcgrew
22-08-09, 01:12 AM
if u had a carb i could help u out, injections got a different setup, but im fairly sure they both start at the backside of the block, under the inlet manifold, and go up from there into a canister or into the cam carrier on carbs, i doubt youll have a canister on the gsi, but it might go up into the carrier, check the pipework out, youll be able to see the path from its source.

AlexW
22-08-09, 12:12 PM
The outlet is down the back of the crankcase, should be a stright pipe coming up to the cam carrier and then into the inlet from the cam cover iirc.

If there not blocked get a comp test done on it, could be piston rings, altho it seems weird on a 32k engine, sure its not 132?

gregs
22-08-09, 09:30 PM
nope this is over in Jersey channel islands :) genuine 32K and know of another one that has 16k :)

craig green
22-08-09, 09:39 PM
Look between 2&3 runners of the inlet manifold. A lug on the cam carrier has an S haped rubber hose on it which connects to the pipe from the crank cas as AW06 says.

A quick check is the gauze mounted under the rocker cover. Remove the plate & theres a gauze for the TB breather pipe.