PDA

View Full Version : XE Wiring Problems :S

ST-eater
21-08-09, 07:27 PM
Im having issues with the car not starting, and the fuel pump relay not clicking or priming the pump.

All engine earths have been checked, and it looks to be wired correctly with a perm 12V and a switched 12v on the black wire in the engine bay...

Yet upon turning the key, there is nothing.

I have 12v at the coil (red terminal) but no power at the fuel pump :S

Am i right in thinking its the relay?

*Dave*
26-08-09, 07:35 PM
could be relay. try changing it.

if not make sure your switched live is still live when you turn the key, iv had the same problem in the past.

Lee
26-08-09, 09:12 PM
Right.

The fuel relay will click upon turning on the ignition but will not prime the pump. The pump primes on crank.

As mentioned above, ensure your switched feed stays live during crank, as the Nova has a secondary switched live circuit which goes dead on crank (feeds heated rear window, stereo etc). You wont find one of these in the engine bay, but i dont know the condition of your cars wiring lol

Ensure the fuel pump is connected to the blue/red wire located in the engine harness multiplug.

OK, going off on a tangent, does your engine harness have black/yellow switched live instead of just black? This was the case on ealry 20xe's and some dizzy C20's as well. If so the fuel pump wire is actually blue. The blue/red is speed sensor!