PDA

View Full Version : Reflectors

ade
01-03-03, 12:46 AM
came out of asda tonight getting me tea and noticed how cool the rear clusters would be without reflectors - basically you could accupy the space with another fog/reverse light.

Do you have to have reflectors in yer rear clusters?

Most cars have em - but couldnt you just stick them/blend them into the bumper or make the surround of the cluster reflective

Ade

?Marty?
01-03-03, 01:18 AM
Yeah you have to have reflectors by law.

And yes, you could have them blended into the rear bumper.

BUT having the surround made out of them? That is a FUCKING fantastic idea! I wouldn't mind some clear clusters, with a red reflector surround, instead of the crappy matt black stuff.

ade
01-03-03, 02:04 AM
consider this post and idea copyrighted!!!

:D

lol! - sure it can be done. Then you can get shot of the reflector and make a customer cluster

Jim
01-03-03, 02:49 AM
I'm going to be looking at making a slight modification to the clear rear lights that are available for the Nova. I'm thinking of trying to imitate the lexus lights. I know the lexus style has been done to the death, but no ones done it to the Nova lights yet. A reflective surround sounds like a pretty good idea.

Ade, since you came up with the idea on NL, I think the idea now belongs to NL and Kev ;)

Jim

ade
01-03-03, 12:27 PM
:x

S'pose!

Got a whole new idea for rear clusters anyway - keeping is quiet though...

that little reflector thing was just one of many ideas I had.

Ade

Chris_W
01-03-03, 01:52 PM
Ade,
Just to say if it has anything to do with LED's it's already copyright! :P Me and Freak have spoken about it in the past, and I've found some pretty cool bulbs to do it, but they work out at ?40+P&P and wahtever else it costs to get them from the USA! By the way thats per bulb! :o :o :o
Chris

mikeoxford
01-03-03, 04:41 PM
Ade,
Just to say if it has anything to do with LED's it's already copyright! :P Me and Freak have spoken about it in the past, and I've found some pretty cool bulbs to do it, but they work out at ?40+P&P and wahtever else it costs to get them from the USA! By the way thats per bulb! :o :o :o
Chris

unless u no sum1 who works in a bus garage :P and can get u endless supplies of parts if u ask nicely

ok they may not be quiet the same but on a project im helping out on, the custom build looks quality, u can cut and shut bus lights and mkae them any shape u want starting from a square shape.

Chris LR
01-03-03, 09:40 PM
My Dad's Golf has it's reflecters blended into the stop and tail/fog lenses.

Fester
02-03-03, 02:04 AM
back to aids point would the best plan be to remove the lenses then use some sort of brush on reflective coating with a resin like those carbon fibre genuine woven sheets, or even use that

ade
02-03-03, 12:30 PM
could do. The ones I'm putting together dont include leds or lenses (as such) - will have to wait and see.

Aint never seen them before

Ade

mikeoxford
02-03-03, 10:33 PM
this project number 2 is it ade? or you ripping ur beast apart? :cry: :x

ade
03-03-03, 02:28 PM
nah leaving, my current baby just getting all ideas for new project down on paper befoe I start it in the Summer.

Moving house 1st before then so looking for a Double Garage (thats all I want - that, a garden, a toilet and a kitchen to make food and coffee!) :D

Keeping my eye about for a GSi nova under ?500 - as long as the engines fairly sound the bodyword can be repaired (as long as the undersides ok).

Summer 2004 should see completing (all I gotta do now is convince the missus!)

lol