PDA

View Full Version : Car users bible - read!

ade
01-03-03, 12:09 AM
This is an excellent site for those who wondered what things like poly bushes, strut braces, offset, et's, suspension set up was or what engine oil and addatives do.

http://www.chris-longhurst.com/carbibles/

Very informative and certainly helps make things a little easier to understand in some areas.

Enjoy

Ade

Jim
01-03-03, 12:47 AM
Nice one Ade, I've been thinking about uprating my suspension and general handling of the car :)

Jim

ade
01-03-03, 02:02 AM
check out the pet peeves section - its class!

RobHardyUK
01-03-03, 01:39 PM
Cool site, i noticed this bit though:

Foglight Morons.
There's two subcategories here:

Frontlighters. Listen, you Billys, those are foglights, not driving lights. TURN THEM OFF IN NORMAL DRIVING CONDITIONS - IT MAKES YOU LOOK STUPID AND ANNOYS THE CRAP OUT OF EVERYONE ELSE!!!
Backlighters. Okay - look carefully at your dashboard. See that red light that's lit up with a foglight in it? Now look up - is it foggy? No? THEN TURN OFF THE SODDING FOG LIGHT!!!

The backlighters bit, i'm afriad I don't comply to this as my light is as dim as fook, and its more orange than red (good old nova electrics) and also its stupid because its below the switch, so you can hardly see the thing anyway!! :|

RobHardyUK
01-03-03, 01:41 PM
I think the straight liners one at the bottom is so true though, i hate people that do that........ though i must admit i done it to my mate in his daewoo matiz :lol:

wisewood
01-03-03, 06:44 PM
Tractors.....
...or more specifically tractor drivers. According to the Highway Code, drivers of potentially obstructing vehicles should occasionally pull over to allow the traffic behind them to pass. I have never once seen a tractor driver do this, even if it's bloody obvious that there's a mile of virtually stationary traffic following them.

CP - do you hold up all the traffic or let it past?

Wiggie
01-03-03, 09:23 PM
This is an excellent site for those who wondered what things like poly bushes, strut braces, offset, et's, suspension set up was or what engine oil and addatives do.

http://www.chris-longhurst.com/carbibles/

Very informative and certainly helps make things a little easier to understand in some areas.

Enjoy

Ade

helpful and thoughtful of you, nice one!

Chris LR
01-03-03, 09:58 PM
Wisewood, I pull over, lol