PDA

View Full Version : FAO Hydraulic Brake boys

BRoadGhost
20-08-09, 09:07 PM
I'm experiencing all manner of issues with my hydraulic brake setup & I'm lead to believe it's to do with how they are bled.

First up should you never bleed the system by conventional means [1 man pushes down / releases whilst other opens / closes the nipple]? If you can should you do the front or the back first? Would it be best to do offside & nearside same time [open bleed nipples] or 1 at a time?

I've had everything from all rear [when bled before front] whislt stoping AND binding to the front doing most the work and binding [when bled before the rear].

The disks & pads where all new. Have tried pressure bleeding via reservoir[s] which semi worked before blowing the cap off & having to resort to pedal pumping.

ALMOST every way I try now results in binding - am I right in thinking you should only ever pressure bleed this type? I might have another cap butcher IF this would be the solution.

Peeps with experience on this matter; any advice would be appreciated.

Stuart
20-08-09, 09:46 PM
well I dont know of many people here that would have mechanical linkage brakes :p

pressure bleeding ftw. Binding = piss poor setup brake bar/balanace bar

Mike
20-08-09, 09:56 PM
FLOL

CBA to type it all out so see here> http://www.bmsc.com.au/forums/rallying-technical/10998-hydraulic-handbrake-bleed.html

A smidge of useful info for those that know about flyoffs.

EDIT: But no, its not like bleeding a normal brake system.