PDA

View Full Version : Can you get new or reconditioned Delco distributors?

steg1970
20-08-09, 08:49 PM
Had my rally Nova on the rollers today, all was well apart from the distributor being erratic when hot. So I need a new one or a recon one as you can never be sure of the condition of one from a scrappy.

Who if any one sells these new or reconditioned?

Thanks

GRUNT 16V
20-08-09, 10:11 PM
Go To A Good Car Parts Supplier Like Partco / Unipart Etc They Should Be Able To Help

steg1970
21-08-09, 11:38 AM
Nothing at any of my local motor factors. Even got asked by a lad at one of them,

'Whats a distributor?'

Bl00dy Hell.

Found a company on the net selling them exchange. Trouble is there are two shown on the website with no discernable difference, both of which are applicable to mine. I'll just take the plunge and guess.

GRUNT 16V
21-08-09, 03:04 PM
i would go back and talk to someone with some sense!!!!!!!

Novasport
21-08-09, 07:30 PM
If its a 1300 dizzy there are two types. There is a 2 wire type which fits most 1300's then there is a 5 wire type which fits the early engines that have the idle control(Small black box fitted to the N/S chassis leg and a small circular switch unit that goes on the vacuum advance pipe)
Just go for the 2 wire as the idle control is a waste of time on a rally car, especially if disconnecting the vacuum advance when running with DCOE's

Novasport
21-08-09, 07:38 PM
If you go on www.h-h-ignitionsolutions.co.uk (http://www.h-h-ignitionsolutions.co.uk) you will need HH6320