PDA

View Full Version : Another Ebay Low Miler Special

SRimon
20-08-09, 08:31 PM
Well not that low, but...24,000

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Vauxhall-Nova-Merit-1-2_W0QQitemZ150367177421QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAutomobi les_UK?hash=item2302950acd&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

LEWI007
20-08-09, 08:33 PM
Nice one that.

But i think if someone off here gets it, it will get chopped up and an xe thrown in it :(

Graeme
20-08-09, 08:34 PM
xe, gsi kit, speedlines, etc. What more can you ask for???

Iain
20-08-09, 08:34 PM
Nice one that.

But i think if someone off here gets it, it will get chopped up and an xe thrown in it :(

Yeah, I'd much rather see a mint 1.2 Merit driving around, being such an awesome spec car as standard. :plol

LEWI007
20-08-09, 08:37 PM
aye but id rather xe a banger than a minter, there too rare to mess with imo.

SRimon
20-08-09, 08:38 PM

lol

MK999
20-08-09, 08:40 PM

If I was going to XE something I'd rather the shell was solid tbh. Rare also doesn't mean good or even of high value.

John
20-08-09, 08:41 PM

Yeah cos throwing an xe in a rotter is a really good idea.:roll:

paul james
20-08-09, 08:55 PM
Thats lovely as it is, would be a shame to mess with it. Loving the original steel wheels with caps, don't see them much any more.#

http://i.ebayimg.com/12/!BYwiQ6gBWk~$(KGrHgoH-EYEjlLly8E)BKjRl9EzHw~~_12.JPG

Spudly
20-08-09, 08:57 PM

So when you put your foot down the front tears off, or you spend hundreds on welding and strengthening to make it somewhere near as strong as a clean rot free poverty spec one?

Im sorry but i would much rather XE something like that as it will be easier through it being clean and a better car for not needing epic weldage!

let_nova
20-08-09, 09:03 PM
just scrap it. its only a nova

Tidy Max
20-08-09, 09:35 PM
arghh i need those door cards

twistysnovagte
20-08-09, 10:00 PM
£1000 reserve not met!ffs some people must think there on the same wave length as the farrari gto gts owners!
its nice to see one in black for a change though,
my spec would be rebuilt xe,nice custom exhaust with 3"outward tail, and a set of comp mo's lowered 60mm all round.
that is it

Graeme
20-08-09, 10:03 PM
/\/\ Agreed /\/\

Lee H
20-08-09, 10:12 PM
Whats all this gay XE stuff? LET FTW.

peester
20-08-09, 10:13 PM
tis cheeky pitching it so high to start with, but it is worth it, original - very nice

DAFTJOHN
20-08-09, 10:15 PM
not too keen on std Novas - they need to be an SR or better. Horrible to drive on std form but good shell for an xe lol

Spudly
20-08-09, 10:16 PM
tis cheeky pitching it so high to start with, but it is worth it, original - very nice

Once all the others run out and there are only examples like this remaining then i reckon price tags like that will become the norm tbh!

vaughanmc
20-08-09, 10:21 PM
I'd keep it 8v if it was mine - But I have to say it would be better to build a high power Nova from a mint shell rather than a patched up piece of piss

Plug
20-08-09, 10:24 PM

Exactly what i was thinking lol

Rexy
20-08-09, 10:33 PM
I keep seeing this, Tidy novas going for silly silly money.

Chaps, bear in mind this Trade in program where the old guffer will get min 1k knocked off a new car.

So, any ****ter is worth a min of 1k at the moment "apparenlty :roll: "

end of the day its just a car, if you lot stop buying these jems for silly money people will be forced to drop the prices lol simple's

I say we all batter him with emails saying i think thats well over priced, its a ****ty old nova i'll give you £500, then snap the bugger up at £500 :D

The "its too special to modify" Its a decent shell end of, it was designed to cart grannys about with its mighty 1.2 engine a great bootspace. Why start working on a ****ter when you can have a bloody good solid base to play with. Lets face it how many of us would buy a nova like this and then not add some touches to it your really going to look kool with them seats huh, how long will that stereo last before it makes your ear bleed with ****eness, come on the think about it. and if your going to take it off the road and have it in a garage to look at... urm its a nova lol.

SRimon
20-08-09, 10:45 PM
amen brother lol

£1000 is my max budget for a shell, I doubt that will get any bids tbh.

blue_peg_16v
20-08-09, 10:50 PM
when i got the loon it was 1 owner wi 36k much better to start with a solid car than a rotter cheaper in the long run too imo

Spudly
20-08-09, 10:53 PM
when i got the loon it was 1 owner wi 36k much better to start with a solid car than a rotter cheaper in the long run too imo

And i still wonder if that was the previous owners gawping at it in that Lolvo on the way to billing lol

blue_peg_16v
20-08-09, 10:57 PM
hehe could of been wonder what they thought to it now

amggsi
21-08-09, 12:06 AM
amen brother lol

£1000 is my max budget for a shell, I doubt that will get any bids tbh.

You missed a low milage 1.0 during the week there on e bay, went for a good bit less than your budget.......

nova_saloon
21-08-09, 12:22 AM
I keep seeing this, Tidy novas going for silly silly money.

Chaps, bear in mind this Trade in program where the old guffer will get min 1k knocked off a new car.

So, any ****ter is worth a min of 1k at the moment "apparenlty :roll: "

end of the day its just a car, if you lot stop buying these jems for silly money people will be forced to drop the prices lol simple's

I say we all batter him with emails saying i think thats well over priced, its a ****ty old nova i'll give you £500, then snap the bugger up at £500 :D

The "its too special to modify" Its a decent shell end of, it was designed to cart grannys about with its mighty 1.2 engine a great bootspace. Why start working on a ****ter when you can have a bloody good solid base to play with. Lets face it how many of us would buy a nova like this and then not add some touches to it your really going to look kool with them seats huh, how long will that stereo last before it makes your ear bleed with ****eness, come on the think about it. and if your going to take it off the road and have it in a garage to look at... urm its a nova lol.

So have to agree with you on this lol yes its mint but its a nova! :thumb:

Jack
21-08-09, 12:34 AM
Lets face it, standard Novas - especially poverty spec 1.2's - are sh!t.

It would be like shagging a fat bird, you might think you're doing a good service, but once you've done the deed you get this horrible feeling you've made a terrible mistake.

And anyway, whats all this talk of shonky 4cylinder engines? That bitch needs a V6 :cool:

brainsnova
21-08-09, 12:36 AM
thats the best part of poverty spec ripping it apart and upgrading and has v8 been done?

Jack
21-08-09, 12:43 AM
Phil did a rear engine, rwd V8 nova. Don't think he finished it though.

brainsnova
21-08-09, 12:49 AM
Phil did a rear engine, rwd V8 nova. Don't think he finished it though.

cool i was just looking on the tube and v8 austin mini's are popular

SRimon
21-08-09, 09:49 PM
You missed a low milage 1.0 during the week there on e bay, went for a good bit less than your budget.......

I did see it mate £320 IIRC.

Bargain. Wouldn't take the risk without viewing. I think i'm sorted for a shell now ;)

matthew172
21-08-09, 09:52 PM

agreed

AlexW
21-08-09, 10:43 PM
And anyway, whats all this talk of shonky 4cylinder engines? That bitch needs a V6 :cool:

I knew somthing like that was coming from you.

Anyways, 4 cylinder gayers, il fit a 3pot 12volt and show you all the real power.

Ben
21-08-09, 11:05 PM
I knew somthing like that was coming from you.

Anyways, 4 cylinder gayers, il fit a 3pot 12volt and show you all the real power.

Sure you dont mean 3 cylinder 12 VALVE!

Ben
21-08-09, 11:06 PM
agreed

Why bother with a let, get a battered old xe superchip it with a induction kit 190BHP FTW!

dj_wudgey
22-08-09, 09:02 AM
im trying to buy a pretty tidy mk1 merit at the moment aswell im only gettiing it to use untill my gte run about is done but ive been thinking about selling the gte and xe'ing the merit if i get it!! and then my sr will finally be used just for shows instead off being well sort off used through summer lol!!!

Graeme
22-08-09, 09:06 AM
Why bother with a let, get a battered old xe superchip it with a induction kit 190BHP FTW!

Quality lol lol lol

matthew172
23-08-09, 12:46 PM

what and settle for less power than a standard let makes and less torque?

hmmmm

pmsl!