PDA

View Full Version : Home made drilled discs!

Ste L
20-08-09, 05:21 PM
http://www.306gti6.com/forum/showthread.php?id=109817&page=1

:eek: :eek: :eek:
lol

dj_wudgey
20-08-09, 05:23 PM
tight b*stard!! lol if you cant afford them leave it untill you can id say!!

stevie-p
20-08-09, 05:29 PM
lol

dj_wudgey
20-08-09, 05:31 PM
they will just crack like f*ck around the holes he has drilled now proper drilled discs do it bad!! so god know what they will look like after a drive or two!!

bmw156
20-08-09, 05:36 PM
dear o dear

stevie-p
20-08-09, 05:43 PM
but it's fine he only uses them on his own private runway:tard:

novait
20-08-09, 05:51 PM
lol lol lol

novalovingned
20-08-09, 05:57 PM
How is it everyone has there own private runway lol

Graeme
20-08-09, 05:57 PM
How scruffy is that?

Mike
20-08-09, 06:30 PM
Toolage at its best :)

Spudly
20-08-09, 06:32 PM
Haha, what a plum but at least at the end he agreed that it was a silly idea and said he was off to buy some new discs, funny aint it though, with the cost of both sets of new discs he could probably have bought some proper drilled ones lol

GRUNT 16V
20-08-09, 07:16 PM
THIS WAS ON MIG NOT SO LONG BACK !!!
ANYWAYS I KNEW OF PEOPLE GROVING THERE OWN DISCS WITH A 4" GRINDER AND YES THEY WER NOVA SRs THOSE WERE THE DAYS!!!

Jack
20-08-09, 07:43 PM
The credit crunch is getting to me too, Im thing of re-treading my tyres using old floor mats
^ lol

The GTi6 OC do have some amusing threads. The couple about people losing their cars were great :d

lmfao @ "death disks" lol

Spudly
20-08-09, 07:47 PM
The GTi6 OC do have some amusing threads. The couple about people losing their cars were great :d

They were funny as hell i had epic LOL reading them lol

mowgli
20-08-09, 08:16 PM
we used to blame a fool & his money, but this one has spent none.....

I think if we can get the reg of his car, he should be reported to the vehicle inspectorate immediately

Jon_nova1
20-08-09, 08:35 PM
lol idiot

but this does remind me, and you all should take note, i work for mintex and a company called a-z car spares buy discs off us and drills them, so do not buy anything off them, i know this because they accidently sent some back for a stock replen, the ebay shop is here

http://stores.shop.ebay.co.uk/AZCARPARTSUK__W0QQ_armrsZ1

mowgli
20-08-09, 11:54 PM
lol idiot

but this does remind me, and you all should take note, i work for mintex and a company called a-z car spares buy discs off us and drills them, so do not buy anything off them, i know this because they accidently sent some back for a stock replen, the ebay shop is here

http://stores.shop.ebay.co.uk/AZCARPARTSUK__W0QQ_armrsZ1

i can see your point, but if somebody gets a competent engineer to do the work, then it should be fine.....
some muppet with the black & decker will not have the first clue

Ernie
21-08-09, 12:08 AM
ive cracked a set of hispec 300mm drilled rotors before now with a nova so on that note im out lol.

nova_saloon
21-08-09, 12:15 AM
if you look carefully they are even off the line slightly! o dear!

General Baxter
21-08-09, 12:24 AM
lol WTF

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b41/Ben306/306%20rallye/S5005024.jpg

~~joycey~~
21-08-09, 01:40 AM
Wot a nob lol

Philsutton
21-08-09, 10:20 AM
They do make a very slight 'brushing' sound which you can here with the windows down but you do not here them inside the car with the windows up. I do not get any wobble/out of balance feeling at all even from high speed braking.

Future darwin award winner here. Im sure they feel fine at high speed but then again you wont get any wobble when they shatter and your left with two brake pads trying to mate with each other.

Nick
21-08-09, 10:34 AM
As long as he doesn't hit any innocent trees when he's eradicating himself from the gene pool ! All is good

Tidy Max
21-08-09, 10:39 AM
As long as he doesn't hit any innocent trees when he's eradicating himself from the gene pool ! All is good

pmsl!! lol

i suppose its worse that i thought you COULD drill our own discs, i personally never ever would do like, but i did think it was possible to! (by possible to, i mean possible to do it safely!)

Nick
21-08-09, 10:47 AM
Yeah, POSSIBLE if you happened to actually know what you were doing and used all the correct machines and procedures.

I could be wrong, but i'd be surprised if a off-the-shelf drilled/grooved disk is just a "standard" disk that's been machined.

General Baxter
21-08-09, 10:51 AM
pmsl!! lol

tidy, do you understand that?

lol

Tidy Max
21-08-09, 10:58 AM
haha sod off!! im a mechanical nubile one right baxter!!! and im the first to admit when ive not got a clue...most of the time, but im learning and thats what counts!! (at least thats what mother says....lol)

abit norman bates'ish that last bit wasn't it!

General Baxter
21-08-09, 11:00 AM
its a thing about nick and trees, from years ago lol

Jack
21-08-09, 11:29 AM
I'm sure I have a pic on my photobucket of a tree engine conversion for nick lol

Yeah, POSSIBLE if you happened to actually know what you were doing and used all the correct machines and procedures.

I could be wrong, but i'd be surprised if a off-the-shelf drilled/grooved disk is just a "standard" disk that's been machined.
I wouldn't :p

Proper cast discs are of course more expensive to purchase as they're harder to make. Its a lot easier to take a standard disc and dremel some holes in them, then sell on to Barry McChav to stick on his 1.1 Saxo.

I can't remember where it was, but I saw a "test" a while back of the heat dissipation qualities of various brake discs. The conclusion was discs with a few (4-8) grooves worked the best; additional grooves made no difference, only wearing the pads down faster, and holes were totally useless.

General Baxter
21-08-09, 11:34 AM
I can't remember where it was, but I saw a "test" a while back of the heat dissipation qualities of various brake discs. The conclusion was discs with a few (4-8) grooves worked the best; additional grooves made no difference, only wearing the pads down faster, and holes were totally useless.

it was in redline or max power, years ago lol

Tidy Max
21-08-09, 11:35 AM
ahhhh!! private joke fail lol

i just thought it was rather funny, and that then you were insinuating i should also possibly be erradicated from said pool of genes haha!

Jack
21-08-09, 11:39 AM
it was in redline or max power, years ago lol
LMFAO, no this was a proper test, not some chavtastic "which one looks better on ma mum's fiesta" type test

Ben
21-08-09, 11:51 AM
Whats wrong with them discs? money saving ftw!

Nick
21-08-09, 12:01 PM
Tell you what, my mates a gas diagnostics engineer and has a mountain of waste copper piping. He also has a pipe bending/cutter.

Project "copper pipe roll cage" ? why spend £500 !

Evil kinevil myself into a building - i reckon i'l walk away .

Philsutton
21-08-09, 12:14 PM
its a thing about nick and trees, from years ago lol

Ah yes, Nicks knowledge and facts on trees is quite something lol

Nick
21-08-09, 12:50 PM
God.. You should have seen my face when i saw that crazy sweedish 1000hp Wood laminate supercar.

I was in emotional turmoil - Wood car = Good. Killed Trees = Bad

Jim Mcrae
21-08-09, 01:11 PM
haha he is local to me apparently aswell

Jack
21-08-09, 01:18 PM
Ah yes, Nicks knowledge and facts on trees is quite something lol
Fcuk me, how scary is that. I was thinking last night "I wonder where Phil has gotten to".

...I don't mean me thinking about you is scary, Phil. I wasn't thinking about you in a scary way. It was a nice way. But not nice like... I mean... oh forget it.

dj_wudgey
21-08-09, 05:59 PM
ive cracked a set of hispec 300mm drilled rotors before now with a nova so on that note im out lol.

my thoughts exactly matey!! and he was going to put them on a gti6 what a moron!!