PDA

View Full Version : not the best start to the day LOL

Dan
20-08-09, 10:47 AM
There i was toodling along the A46 to bath this morning, lights on even though the sun was up, then some old chap decided to pull out in front of me from a side road. No warning nothing, BANG, i had to options, pub wall and telegraph pole to the left, or across the other lane into a grass area with a ditch, with a split second to decide i chose the softer option.

Took avoiding action and swerved but to no avail as he had no idea i was there, glanced across the drivers corner of said vehicle daihatsu totally destroyed the passenger front of mine, front door fell clean off with ease upon trying to open it, which was not the easiest considering i had gone ditch hunting and the car was by then on a 45 degree angle wedged right in.

Normal procedure followed, sat in the ambulance signing to say i was fine blah blah, the heart rate monitor was static at 87 which was fine as i am normally one of those that reacts with a calm head in a bad situation. Had a banter with the police then on my way towards work in a mates van, now awaiting my courtesy car so i can get home lol

Now just to wait to get home and i'll put some pictures up :thumb:

Stuart
20-08-09, 10:50 AM
eeeedjiot lol

well atleast the dancap test on the veccy was a good one :d

Tidy Max
20-08-09, 10:50 AM
what car were you in? (im sure everyone on here knows your daily driver etc already its probably just me who doesnt!)

unlucky though, will it be a right off? main thing is that your okay! what did the old bloke say then?? who is getting the blame?

Ben
20-08-09, 10:52 AM
Sometimes there is just nothing you can do,

At least your ok. Was the ginter ok?

Ben
20-08-09, 10:53 AM
who is getting the blame?

well seeing as he was driving straight down the road and the guy pulled out into him its a bit of a no brainer.

Stuart
20-08-09, 10:54 AM
veccy C derv monster :)

Id imagine with the door coming off and finding a ditch that its atleast a cat C write off.

Riggy
20-08-09, 10:56 AM
ooh no dan not another car lol , poor vectra

glad to hear your ok though , might give you a ring later give you some stick lol

Ben
20-08-09, 10:56 AM
might give you a ring later give you some stick lol

Considerate bunch arent we!

Riggy
20-08-09, 10:58 AM
well it would be rude not too wouldnt it.

Tidy Max
20-08-09, 11:00 AM
well seeing as he was driving straight down the road and the guy pulled out into him its a bit of a no brainer.

not whos fault was it, who was getting the blame!

a bloke pulled out on a lad i know, lad swerved, hit a railing, bloke carried on, police said because no one was hurt wasn't worth looking for the guy, consequently lad got the blame and had to pay for the fence lol

did the old chap stop then?

Dan
20-08-09, 11:05 AM
fault as said is a no brainer, it was the old guys, he didnt go nowhere as i half ripped his drivers wheel off lol Just one of them things as said all be it a pain in the ****

Keep the phone abuse until this evening as i dont have much battery on my phone and i need it to liase with the directions to guide my courtesey car in.Also for anyone reading it isnt that harsh a thing to ring like that, as i am normally the first to ring and abuse someone :d lol lol lol lol

The car i was driving was my 54 plate veccy c elite

Riggy
20-08-09, 11:09 AM
^^ lol yeah dan's always the first with the stick haha, ill be on my dinner bout 6 mate ill leave it too then haha ,

does it look as spectacular as the cav ?

Tidy Max
20-08-09, 11:09 AM
oh right lol i thought he had got away!! was he alright then? never nice when old people are involved! sorry to hear about your car though, suppose you will get yo utilise the number 1 courtesy car rule

DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT lol

Dan
20-08-09, 11:10 AM
nah, but it is special in its ouw kind of way, i'll leave that for you guys to judge tonight

Plug
20-08-09, 11:13 AM
unlucky mate :(

its a pain in the **** when it isnt your fault cause you have to do all the chasing up

At least you survived :)

Ben
20-08-09, 11:15 AM
Airbags deployed?

L14MNP
20-08-09, 11:28 AM
lol @ Ben hunting around for another bargain motor!

If the door fell off and it's been head first into a ditch I have to go with Cat C also, thats before any talk of airbags deploying.

I'm pleased it's an obvious fault by the old boy so there's no disputing. Nothing worse when you are 100% innocent.

Another one where all parties escaped unhurt. All thanks to todays modern cars what with all the silicon chips and such. lol

ade
20-08-09, 11:40 AM
thats a bummer Dan - glad youre okay!

I'll lol like mad though if they give you an ikle courtesy car!

Nobby
20-08-09, 11:55 AM
gutted matey least your ok!

Jack
20-08-09, 12:53 PM
Ooch, at least you're unhurt. Cars can be replaced. lol @ the door falling off though, Vauxhall build quality ftw :d

I'll lol like mad though if they give you an ikle courtesy car!
LMFAO wonder how much of a bribe it would take to get the insurance to provide an Aygo? lol

Southie
20-08-09, 01:12 PM
At least you weren't in a Nova. You'd have been mincemeat.

Glad your okay. :thumb:

CoolTiger
20-08-09, 02:11 PM
Ooch, at least you're unhurt. Cars can be replaced. lol @ the door falling off though, Vauxhall build quality ftw :d

LMFAO wonder how much of a bribe it would take to get the insurance to provide an Aygo? lol

smart car or 107 ftw

Tidy Max
20-08-09, 02:17 PM
107s are cool :roll:

not as good as IQs though

Lynsey
20-08-09, 02:41 PM
Dan the man, you should've text, I'd have come with a flask of coffee and a pork pie :p lol

I'm glad you're alright big man :thumb:

GRUNT 16V
20-08-09, 03:03 PM
5hitter what car should i look out for?????????

Ernie
20-08-09, 03:15 PM
sod the waiting."heads to get phone and abuse Dan"
In all fairness at lease your ok mate.
R.I.P
Veccy c

DAFTJOHN
20-08-09, 03:19 PM
Glad you're ok - it ****s me off when this happens as I ride bikes too and what chance do we have when he can't see a car!

I honestly hate it when folk get banned for speeding - could even be toting up points for slightly over the limit but ****s like him will prob have no legal action against them at all....

burgo
20-08-09, 04:11 PM
praps the door is designed to fall off in the event of an accident so its easier to get people out!! ok praps not lol

glad your all good mr dan

Ernie
20-08-09, 04:20 PM
maybe Dan had a pie in the door pocket so saved it from the impact.

dj_wudgey
20-08-09, 05:29 PM
glad to hear your ok mate!! im totally the oposite off you though if something like that happend to me the words me and calm could not go in the same sentace id have gone off my nut!!

Stuart
20-08-09, 06:15 PM
glad to hear your ok mate!! im totally the oposite off you though if something like that happend to me the words me and calm could not go in the same sentace id have gone off my nut!!

its just a car at the end of the day not worth getting stressed about... I got rear ended and didnt do anything about it for an easy life lol

Rexy
20-08-09, 07:04 PM
yeah but you love being shafted from behind.

Benn
20-08-09, 07:14 PM
Bad luck dude, glad your ok tho.

Dan
20-08-09, 08:12 PM
ok heres a couple of pics

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff163/Dan_R_album/crash/DSC00043.jpg

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff163/Dan_R_album/crash/DSC00044.jpg

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff163/Dan_R_album/crash/DSC00045.jpg

MK999
20-08-09, 08:16 PM
That's a pretty good effort to be fair, liking the novelty flip all the way up bonnet and removable door, next years must have chav accessories imo! lol

Spudly
20-08-09, 08:16 PM
Bloody hell, how the fudge did the door get ripped off, i mean like wow:eek:

Glad youre alright bud, need to get your shop on for a new toy then lol

Stuart
20-08-09, 08:17 PM
ohh an elise :d

Spudly
20-08-09, 08:18 PM
ohh an elise :d

Trust you to spot a hairdressers car in the side of the shot lol

:p

MK999
20-08-09, 08:18 PM
Bloody hell, how the fudge did the door get ripped off, i mean like wow:eek:

You can see on the front quarter where the impact was, looks like it's just sheared the hinges/bolts on the door.

Stuart
20-08-09, 08:24 PM
tbh good the door came off for pie man to get out

LEWI007
20-08-09, 08:27 PM
Could of been much worse. could of wrote a nova off.

atleast your alright ;)

Ben
20-08-09, 08:33 PM
feck me thats a scratch repaired much worse than that!

If they offer you chance to buy it back give me a shout lol!

John
20-08-09, 08:44 PM
Nightmare Dan! Don't envy you having all that insurance stuff to do now.
Where's the car now?

What'd ya get as a courtesy car? Polo?

Dan
20-08-09, 08:56 PM
the courtesy car i got is an 08 plate focus 1.8tdci which is ok, was dropped off at work just after 4pm. Insurance stuff is ok tbh, was fully comp protected anyway so end result is the same although there is no question on the circumstances anyway

John
20-08-09, 09:04 PM
the courtesy car i got is an 08 plate focus 1.8tdci which is ok, was dropped off at work just after 4pm. Insurance stuff is ok tbh, was fully comp protected anyway so end result is the same although there is no question on the circumstances anyway

Good Good dan. Should be settled pretty easily then if the other guy has admitted fault?

novalicous
20-08-09, 09:06 PM
Should T-cut out lol

glad to hear your ok

the Wifes brother had a bit of an off in his fiesta last nite aswell

Spudly
20-08-09, 09:07 PM
Should T-cut out lol

glad to hear your ok

the Wifes brother had a bit of an off in his fiesta last nite aswell

DLAC by any chance?

novalicous
20-08-09, 09:14 PM
DLAC by any chance? ???????:confused: :confused: :confused: explain?

Spudly
20-08-09, 09:18 PM
???????:confused: :confused: :confused: explain?

Driving Like A C@nt lollol

novalicous
20-08-09, 09:29 PM
No not his fault

tell you at the N.E meet

Spudly
20-08-09, 09:30 PM
No not his fault

tell you at the N.E meet

Furry muff, now quit spamming dan's thread ffs lol

Tidy Max
20-08-09, 09:33 PM
blood and sand, thats a bad do!!

did it take you a while to get out?? i thought it sounded pretty bad when you described it but you seemed abit too calm... shock ftl, you will wake up screaming in the morning when it sinks in lol

Adam
20-08-09, 09:41 PM
Not good Dan, at least you're ok though.

Dan
20-08-09, 09:49 PM
blood and sand, thats a bad do!!

did it take you a while to get out?? i thought it sounded pretty bad when you described it but you seemed abit too calm... shock ftl, you will wake up screaming in the morning when it sinks in lol

i think you'll find i wont lol lol , if you had seen what happened to my old cavalier many moons ago you would understand thats just a small bump, and i was exactly the same back then.

As said i just seem to have that level of control in the worst situations, although even my own mother hates it and cant work out why i have always been like it lol lol lol When i did the cav i rang her for a lift home as i had a bump, i think the worst injury i got was when she belted me after realising my bump actually meant 90yrds across a field after the roof had hit the floor 6 times

Mike
20-08-09, 09:53 PM
Proper random how the doors fallen off lol good ole GM engineering FTW :)

Altho me thinks Dan needs to practice his bay parking skills lol tis a ditch doon there matey :P lol

Joe Richardson
20-08-09, 09:56 PM
unlucky Dan:(

Tidy Max
20-08-09, 09:59 PM
lol i guessed that mate, id be having sleepless nights i expect...and probably catching the bus to work for a while, biggest bump i had was actually in blackburn......

just good that your okay after that one!!

ade
20-08-09, 10:27 PM
yer lucky it didnt roll.

you lot not heard of the new Vauxhall ejector doors! Like airbags - they disengage on impact

Richie_B
20-08-09, 10:53 PM
Nasty!

Hobbit
21-08-09, 04:55 AM
Thats what you get for running ditch finders i guess. lol

Glad your ok Dan :)

Ben
21-08-09, 09:55 AM
Emotions are for wimps, bet you just walked along the road a bit to the snack van and ate it!

srs1
21-08-09, 11:28 AM
his blood only boils when they have run out of pies.

good job your ok thou fella.
see you in a few weeks.
try to stay in one piece

Lee
22-08-09, 08:04 AM
I loved that Veccy :( You Bastid!

Ernie
22-08-09, 08:17 AM
it did go well even after me and Dan bung a xe in the boot.

Graeme
22-08-09, 08:41 AM
Good job there mate but glad your ok

CP
22-08-09, 07:32 PM
Got to say I'm a bit disappointed in you Dan:eek:. When you phoned I thought by how you were talking that you had been in a real accident. Looking at those pics you could have easily kept your foot in and powered out of that ditch. Tsk have you forgotten your rally roots!!:p The things people to do to make up excuses for being late to work!lol

RJM25R
23-08-09, 06:22 PM
Glad your ok.